Where to install an Autocom + Kenwood?

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
I'm installing an Autocom and Kenwood TK3101 on a friend's 990 Adv.

Is there a 'best place' to do a proper permanent installation?

Greg

HI

My power commander is mounted under the seat to the rear in the space under the light,i guess its about the same size as an autocom,failing that the tank compartment,there is'nt any room under the seat like the 950....:Motomartin

Got my in the Tank glove box thingy. Its an old 5 pin one, if they want to nick they can av it :D Looked at the tail light, too far away, too many leads and don't think about changing the volume etc when its all crammed in there :blast
you could try hiding it in the front side fairing, but again wires to disconnect when you want the fairing off. Head light area full of HIDs so thats a no go, running out of options!! There may be enough room under the rear seat, on the KTM Knowledge guide by mooky??? he put a little tool kit under the seat in closed cell foam!

Thanks guys. The bike in now in my garage but I haven't had a look at it yet.

Greg

I've mounted mine in the wee glovebox between tanks. Fits fine and dead easy to get to should anything need adjusting.

I should have photographed the installation I did. I mounted the radio and the Autocom in the box that usually occipied by the ABS. Luckily this was a non-ABS bike.

Greg

Back
Top Bottom