zuno 660 maps

Gordon Henderson

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
when I transfer routes from my pc to the 660 unit it says that the maps dont match and do i wish to recalculate
If I say yes it recalculates but the route does not match the route planned if I say no it draws straight lines the pc is using nt2010.1 while the unit says it is version 3.50 detailed maps 2009

Any one able to help

Gordon

3.5 is the software version, not the map version. That is up-to-date.

Now check that the maps on your 660 are the same as those on your PC.

Your PC is running NT2010 There should be a version number after that.

On your 660 go to Tools ---> Settings ---> Map ---> Map Info

You should see, if you are running the latest maps, two versions:

CN Europe NT 2010.3 3D (This is is 3D version of the maps which you can use)

CN Europe NT 2010.3 (This is the 2D of the same maps, which can use, too)

Make sure both boxes are ticked.

Underneath you should then see:

(1) ALL

===

You can now be sure your PC's maps match your 660's.

===

As Wheeeeeeeledwideeeeeewebb's link shows there does seem to be a problem, which came in, I think, at the last software update. Have a look at this, too: http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224757

Same problem as this is it not?

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226201

Wapping seems to think something to do with routes created on a previous version of Mapsource.

I don't think that the straight line issue is associated with mapping version because:

• I think that Wappers and I both have the very latest map set
  • My Zumo created the staright line issue in iteself (ie with no reference to anybody's PC maps)

But Gordon's issue does appear to be the same as mine (and I still haven't had a reply from Garmin Support)

Greg

CONTACT!

Contact with Garmin in under five minutes. :thumb2

Yup, it's all down to the behind the scenes detail in the mapping.

If I create a new route today in NT10.3 on my PC it will load straight into the 660 and open up, no problem.

If I open an old route on my PC, say one created in NT10.2 or earlier, it will open in 10.3 no problem.

But, when it is uploaded to the 660 it loads points that come from 10.2, which of course do not match the 660's inbuilt 10.3's roads exactly, so it has to join the via points with straight lines or recalculate.

Apparently there was quite a big deviation in the detail etc. between 10.2 and 10.3, which of course is all invisible to the naked eye.

This would make sense as, if I SAVE AS the old route on my PC (ie. it is now saved in 10.3) and then upload the fresh version to my 660, it will export and open on my 660 with no problem.

OK it's not perfect. As far as I can see the recalculation using 'fastest time' makes no significant change to the route, the device doing its little best to follow the route you wanted it to. As I use lots of viapoints (as opposed to waypoints) when plotting on my PC , may help, too.

Richard

PS But, if I think about it a bit more, what it might not explain is why the route ran fine on my 660 but not on Greg's..... Unless of course between sending Greg the route and the day we went I made some fresh changes that I may have forgotten about :blast :blast :D

Hmmm....where have I heard this before with regard to the 660 doing it's own thing? Mine has a mind of it's own as well. :blast

I'm going to Tunisia in just over a week and half, so I thought I'd take my trusty Quest with me "just in case". ;)

So using the right version of Mapsource mapping for the Quest, I recalculate the routes that I've done for the 660, 'cos I realise that the Quest won't like the ones for the 660. Load them onto the Quest and it says the routes were done using a different version of Maps, no they feckin' weren't, I used the same version as I always use, you blasted thing! :mad:

zumo

Thanks all for help
I found what the problem was,main computer had downloaded version 2010.3 while loptop that i use had only version 2010.1 that the 660 came with,when i tried to update the maps on laptop it would only say that there were no updates
contacted Garmin who say this is because as the main computer has been updated so wont update another for the same unit and advised that I copy the update on a usb from the one computer to the other
This worked and now both computers are showing 2010.3 as is the zumo and all new maps transfer without a hitch

thanks again for the help
Gordon

Back
Top Bottom