Adventure Tank

JALFREZI

Reaction score
I'm sure that most of you with 950 adventures would agree, that the only problem that this bike has is the tank size. So with thoughts of far distant places beckoning, l need to be carrying more fuel.
Last November in Morocco with a 1 gallon steel jerry can strapped to the rear rack wasn't a total success especially when the straps came loose:blast and replacing the twin tanks is very expensive.
So to cut a long story short, l ended up on ADVrider reading a thread by Neduro who was developing an additional tank that would replace the existing left side silencer. Now as much as l love my Akrapovic's this looked like brilliant idea so eventually l ordered the tank and 2 into 1 pipe and 4 days ago they arrived.
Sometimes aftermarket parts can be a disappointment but these are really nice quality with the 2 into 1 pipe being much better quality than the stock items.

KTMRallyetank200410004.jpg

KTMRallyetank200410008.jpg

KTMRallyetank200410011.jpg

Next was the tank which again has been well made and designed.

KTMRallyetank200410013.jpg

KTMRallyetank200410001-1.jpg

KTMRallyetank200410002-1.jpg

KTMRallyetank200410005.jpg

KTMRallyetank200410006-1.jpg

The only items left are the pipework from the new tank to tee into the crossover tube that runs between the the two front tanks which hopefully l will complete over the next couple of evenings.

Looks neat,be good to see it once the plastics are back on.

Oh and your shoes need a polish:D

Looks like a good option but how much do all the bits cost :augie

Including tank, fittings, fuel pipes, 2 into 1 chrome pipe and Shipping etc approx. £350. Concidering this is from a small manufacturer in the states with a poor exchange rate at the moment, its very good value for money compared to the alternatives.

Yep that price is very reasonable .Is the akkro can just one of the pair originally fitted? I presume it will be.

I had expected to post these photos earlier than this but decided while the bike was stripped down l might as well check everything else and replace as necessary ie brakes, steering head bearings, repack wheel bearings, chain sprockets etc etc.

DSCF1888.jpg

DSCF1889.jpg

DSCF1887.jpg

Also replaced the very expensive carbon fibre tank protectors which IMHO look nice, but after 2 trips to Morocco even with tank bars fitted they break easily. So l replaced them with the protectors from a 990 which l think look good and cost under £10 each :thumb2

DSCF1885.jpg

Bike finished and I'm very pleased with the tank which l think looks good but better still gives me another 50 miles to find fuel in Namibia, Mongolia or Essex :blast

DSCF1886.jpg

Finally the 2 into 1 sounds brilliant :thumb

looking good mate , tank blends in nicely , looks a hell of a lot cleaner than it was in November! Might be a bit lighter now for the recovery from cliff faces.

see you at the hubbmeet

sean

looking good mate , tank blends in nicely , looks a hell of a lot cleaner than it was in November! Might be a bit lighter now for the recovery from cliff faces.

see you at the hubbmeet

sean

Hi Sean
Don't mention the cliff faces :eek::eek: that was probably the only thing that l never discussed on my return home, well that and the picture of you in the.................:augie
Looking forward to the weekend and meeting up with you and Debbie again.
Cheers
Nick

Back
Top Bottom