Croatia insurance

evenflow

Reaction score
Does my insurance cover me fully comp in Croatia ? Carol Nash say their cover only extends to 3rd party for croatia although for the rest of europe it seems its the same as your UK cover. Ebike seem to cover fully comp tho Royal sun alliance seem to be unsure..ie one broker said they didnt (Swinton) and another said they did (MCE).
Anyone out there bin to Crotia recently?
Off in June n me insurance runs out may so want to make the right choice.
Cheers!

Carole Nash is a broker and uses a number of underwriters. When I wanted to go to Croatia I had to cancel a policy underwritten by Chaucer and take out a policy by Royal Sun Alliance.

Read your policy. The section called territorial limits will tell you quite clearly where the cover extends to.

My Ebike policy, gives full cover in Croatia. Emphasis on "my". Insurance companies change their terms from time to time and someone else's policy may have a different wording.

If you have any doubt, paste the wording here and Wapping or I will interpret it for you. Often, insurers provide a pdf version of their policy wording if you hunt it out on their website.

The other policy to check is your breakdown cover. When I went to Croatia, I had full bike insurance cover for Croatia from RSA via Carole Nash. However, my Carole Nash breakdown insurance was not valid as it is a separate policy from someone else. I took the risk, thinking it would not cost a lot to bung the bike in the back of a van and take it to the EU border at Slovenia where the policy was valid.

Thanks mate. I've managed to get a quote from swinton (Royal sun and Alliance) . Full cover and breakdown cover for Croatia ..plus ncd protection, legal protection...£139..unbelievable..nearest one to that was wbike.
:)

As said above, im due to leave for Croatia in June and found only 1 company "Carole Nash" would insure me thoughout the EU. You'll be supprised with the number companies who wont insure you through certain countries in the EU.

Breakdown cover for me is the same as wessie, certain countries are not covered so it's bung someone a few quid and ferry me to the border please :D

Carole Nash sent me a green card, which covered me for

croatia & bosnia last year.

CROATIA IS NOT AN EU MEMBER STATE! Be careful...

Does my insurance cover me fully comp in Croatia ? Carol Nash say their cover only extends to 3rd party for croatia although for the rest of europe it seems its the same as your UK cover. Ebike seem to cover fully comp tho Royal sun alliance seem to be unsure..ie one broker said they didnt (Swinton) and another said they did (MCE).
Anyone out there bin to Crotia recently?
Off in June n me insurance runs out may so want to make the right choice.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom