France on sunday

We,re headin to Jaca in Spain to do the 300mile N260 across the Pyrenees then north to the Route Napoleon then will see what time is left..
We couldnt make up our minds whether to fly or not so we paid the aditional 99p to upgrade to an aircraft carrier in case we changed our minds en-route,
but seriously the trip was looking to be cancelled at the last minute as my 2 year old daughter was admitted to hospital mid week but thankfully shes home today much better .:beerjug:

:aidan

You'll love the Pyrenees if you haven't gone there before.

If you get to Castejon de sos call in at this hostel. It cost me 12 euro which included an evening meal. Prices might have changed, but they served the coldest of drinks ever.

3808188913_cfb7f9575d_o.jpg

3808189959_de8b7ce50d_o.jpg

Have a safe trip.

my sort of budget

You'll love the Pyrenees if you haven't gone there before.

If you get to Castejon de sos call in at this hostel. It cost me 12 euro which included an evening meal. Prices might have changed, but they served the coldest of drinks ever.

3808188913_cfb7f9575d_o.jpg

3808189959_de8b7ce50d_o.jpg

Have a safe trip.

Looks like my sort of place...Can you remember the name of the Hostal ?

No idea what it's called. The town is on the N260.

If you enter Castel from the west direction the hostel is on the right hand side down, about half way down the street. Castel is really only one long street with a number of 'taverns' dotted about. During the summer it's a centre for walking and hang gliding.

Go on to google street photos or whatever it's called and you'll get a better impression. There are some great wee roads and villages up in the hills.

That pint looks very inviting:drool:drool

:beerjug:

It most certainly was. The first was quickly followed by a second and that was before I had signed the register.

The girl in the hostel asked did i want a cold beer. She went to a chest freezer and pulled out what I thought was a block of ice. It was a frozen glass tankard. The best cold beer I have ever tasted ever.

3808197009_4852137ed3_o.jpg

Near the top of the pic, you'll see a couple of trees on the left hand side of the street. The hostel is directly opposite.

Im home again sick as a pig.The fecker went for 15 miles and started misfiring and stopped.Fuel pressure regulator is knackered .It had a 24000 mile service a week ago and rode home like a dream.Gone to be fixed and shud be goin again on tues so im tryin to amend the ferry bookings.Big thanks to Brian from Mototech for coming out on a Sunday.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Thanks and two bummers

Hey Spiderjack ... Thanks for the data ... It also looks like my size of town .. I could be in that area in a week or two and if I am I will drop in...

Hey Merv,
Bummer number one ,If its the fuel regulater on the 12 hex head model your tech should have it sorted in no time .. They all do that Sir !

Bummer number two ...Our travel plans bring us to the same region but not at the same time ,other wise we might have had that beer and talked some miles ...:blagblah

Bummer alrite Somclan,got the ferries changed til wed sothat buys some time to get it sorted,I hope ur trip has a smoother start than mine:thumb

I stayed in Hostal Solsona (i think) in Casteljon De Sos a few years ago.

On the LHS of the street as you approach from the West.
It was fine - a bit more expensive than €12 I think.

The larger Hotel on the other side of the road does great food.
Very busy around lunch time when I was there last year (A lot of construction going on then for a large accomodation (ski resort possibly).

Small quiet town.
Seems to attrach groups of off-roaders also.

i am my way over in june so let me knwo what you think. heading over with a mate who will be on a rvf so cant do much back roading but must look at planning a route and b&b or hostels for along the way

Back
Top Bottom