Husky use the BM 450 engine

Couple of pics:

_3MC4668.jpg

_3MC4704.jpg

Juha Salminen and Marko Tarkkala are going to have the new BMW-Husqvarna bikes for the next races. The National Enduro Spain, Lalin, was the parting/last race for Juha and the G450X together.

That looks sweet - will be interesting to see how it performs.

Is the drive sprocket still alingend with the s/a pivot, it looks like it might be :nenau

Andres

I ride the Husky TE450 - and had a G450X this for me is the perfect match - Husky frame and suspension with the BMW Engine.Its going to one hell of a machine that engine is superb.

Jay B

I ride the Husky TE450 - and had a G450X this for me is the perfect match - Husky frame and suspension with the BMW Engine.Its going to one hell of a machine that engine is superb.

Jay B

This is going to be one hell of a woods machine. Hydraulic clutch and some decent protection for the motor is all that the G450 was lacking IMO. Ok and the front forks. This little package is going to stretch the arms that's for sure.

I noticed the BMW team at Erzberg were still using the original frame,,, and it got on the podium...!

Only the WEC are with the bmw husky team bike's
the erzberg, romaniacs etc ares till raced with the orginal BMW, wich has proven itzels very good for these extreem enduro competiones...
At the WEC is different then a extreem enduro, at top speeds (wich only a few people will evermake) the frame and suspension isn't 115 procent but 100........ there fore a new disign was made with the husky.

IN Dakar and other dessert rally the Standard G450 will stil perform by Bert and Frans with a extra oil cooler an big tank an fairing specely made for rally's.
And a 6th gear they made so topspeed in baja's an rally is higher

The bmw is bullit proof.
the G450 rally bike from bert and frans is under 150 kilo with navigation etc on it and with 20 L fuel.

i love the bike

Only the WEC are with the bmw husky team bike's
the erzberg, romaniacs etc ares till raced with the orginal BMW, wich has proven itzels very good for these extreem enduro competiones...
At the WEC is different then a extreem enduro, at top speeds (wich only a few people will evermake) the frame and suspension isn't 115 procent but 100........ there fore a new disign was made with the husky.

IN Dakar and other dessert rally the Standard G450 will stil perform by Bert and Frans with a extra oil cooler an big tank an fairing specely made for rally's.
And a 6th gear they made so topspeed in baja's an rally is higher

The bmw is bullit proof.
the G450 rally bike from bert and frans is under 150 kilo with navigation etc on it and with 20 L fuel.

i love the bike

Sure sounds like what I have read.

If only BMW got behind this bike with there dealers as most dealers are not interest as the profit is small.
I asked BMW why they don't offer a package deal for the 70 hour service or if no work is required at a 70 hour service then BMW should allow the warranty to continue with regards to the engine, but they just looked at me with a blank face.:nenau

Sure sounds like what I have read.

If only BMW got behind this bike with there dealers as most dealers are not interest as the profit is small.
I asked BMW why they don't offer a package deal for the 70 hour service or if no work is required at a 70 hour service then BMW should allow the warranty to continue with regards to the engine, but they just looked at me with a blank face.:nenau

Do not understand what you are saying. The warranty is for 2 years irrespective of hours. What I am worried about is BMW caning the G450x this year when the new Husky comes out and we the early adopters are left out in the cold looking like idiots. I've noticed many of the dealers don't push the G450x and concentrate more on the "higher priced" road bikes. Even though I'm servicing my bike every ten hours ?

Do not understand what you are saying. The warranty is for 2 years irrespective of hours. What I am worried about is BMW caning the G450x this year when the new Husky comes out and we the early adopters are left out in the cold looking like idiots. I've noticed many of the dealers don't push the G450x and concentrate more on the "higher priced" road bikes. Even though I'm servicing my bike every ten hours ?

How about reading your warranty again as it also says you have to carry out all servicing as required by BMW servicing schedule which is done on hours run on the 450 and if you run the bike over 100kph for an extended time you will loose your warranty.

The Husky will still have the same servicing requirements as the BMW 450 with the same costs.

the problem is that most bmw dealers dont have a clue about enduro.
In the Netherlands bmw Netherlands didn't even promote the g450x.
Every other bmw model is promoted with introduction days etc, the g450x nothing.
If the would be at some of the enduro events/off road events the would have had an adience, but the did nothing.......

How about reading your warranty again as it also says you have to carry out all servicing as required by BMW servicing schedule which is done on hours run on the 450 and if you run the bike over 100kph for an extended time you will loose your warranty.

The Husky will still have the same servicing requirements as the BMW 450 with the same costs.

I do that every 10 hours your point ? you can't have the best of both worlds. You either service with them keep warranty or do it yourself and bin warranty.

As for 100kph thing (here it is 120kph) It actually kicks in around 116kph you will get a speed warning after 20 seconds only if you keep to that speed and over. Also my mate is a service manager at my Motorrad and he says that info is buried so deep in the file it's not like it's the first thing that comes up on the computer when it is serviced.

If you are doing more than 120 in a Enduro race you need to get sponsered or that Enduro race is actually a Off-Road race and you'd be better off with a WR :augie

You don't lose the warranty if you do the 10 hour service yourself, you just need to keep the maintenance schedule.

My mate in Milan tells me this prototype (and nine others) was stolen from the Husqvarna factory last weekend.
This follows another theft of some KTM prototypes from one of their trucks.
One of the Husqvarna bikes was recovered on Monday near the Slovenian border on a lorry bound for Ukraine...
Another bike that was stolen in this same period is the prototype of the new Bimota DB8 (1198 engined, bound to be slower and more expensive than a genuine Ducati 1198S).

These are obviously professional burglars acting on a commission: they knew exactly what they were looking for, didn't set off any alarm and managed to disappear into thin air. The Husqvarna bike was found during random check, so just a stroke of luck.

Back
Top Bottom