Tried a SMT

Big Den

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
RC was in for 1st service so had a SM T out for a blast, i think its fair to say it was a hoot but not as exceptional as RIDE etc say it is and with 560 mls on the clock i was shocked as it felt more like 15k, sloppy gearchange and soft rear hard front suspension. At 10k don't think so

That's a shame.

I was considering one myself to replace my now sold GS!

That must have been a poorly maintained bike or it was set up wrong. The SMT I rode was a blast.

What's riding position like, compared to a GS?

Is the seat height about the same?

They still need top sort the EFI out . Had the 990SM which was Very Snatchy ,had the 950SM before which was a hoot.The EFI has put me off Big KTM's untill they sort it out:mad:

What's riding position like, compared to a GS?

Is the seat height about the same?

I am flat footed on the SMT and I am 5' 11".

In my opinion the FI is sorted on the 09 bikes and after. KTM can play the fuelling using a device (I can't remember it's called) to adjust the fuelling. It's only on 09 bikes or after though.

Just sold my 1200GS SE for a 950 Adventure and am totally delighted! Had a demo 990 for a couple of days but couldnt get on with the fuelling/snatchy throttle response a low revs. Found a mint 950ADV with all the bits , 4 years old and only 6,000 and goes like a dream. My advice for anyone thats thinking orange, hunt down a good 950 and you wont be disappointed.

Could be it was not setup properly :nenau was really looking forward to a ride, did town/ bit of A road and a long high speed blast down the motorway.
seat height similar to GS but much slimmer, fueling was not bad , hey i have a RC :augie i know what bad fueling is :D Loads of tug lowdown, cruising @ 85/90 you notice the sidewind not as solid as GS or Tiger but it is a lighter bike and a supermoto
Brakes good, basically a tall supermoto (which is what it is) did talk to a guy who had one from new and had the big alloy cases fitted (which looked the part) he loves it and rides the hole off it.
For something different and a hoot round the lanes + the odd distance tour it would work, not sure on the fuel consumption as i was on a time thing was on 8.2 miles fuel countdown, put £10 in and did 82 miles (quickly) on 14.8 miles countdown when i got back (cut it fine :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom