tadaaaaaaa!!!! da bum tish!

slimbo

Reaction score
the challenge is now on folks, team ukgser competitor no 5312
is getting ready to rally , check out www.plymouth-dakar.co.uk group three leaving the uk on the 29th december...
so we need your help ?
well actually we need your money!
three uk based charitys
the christian lewis childrens cancer care trust.
children with chrones and colitis
and the cancer research uk..

so far its me and fanum but we may have room for an entheusiastic third? even someone who can spell might be a help..

so far i have sorted the vehicle and spares? ish plus sorted our entry fee but we need more!!!

feel free to pledge on this page and any questions post or pm me
slimbo...

To get the ball rolling BHT has donated a domain name: 'ukgserchallenge.com' and I'm doing the lads their own website & hosting it FOC. It should be alive & kicking in a week or so......

Bookmark this link : http://www.ukgserchallenge.com/

BTW, Slimbo, I thought your race number was 1150.........?

Good luck everyone....

Cheers

Dutchman

oops

sorry dutch i had previously negotiated that, am waiting reply to get it sorted so have to go with wot they give out at the mo.

Re: spot the problem?

Yes...your 'LHD' Landie still has the tiller on the right and two lots of instruments....and loads of spaghetti hanging out the dash.....

Best call the AA, old chap.........fekked before ya start!!

Cheers

Dutch

As I’ve said before, I’d love to make up a threesome :eek however, I’ve been saved on two counts.

Firstly, by deciding to up sticks to move to the land of the Kiwi for the foreseeable …

Secondly, because I can’t spell either … I rely on Word to point out all of my smelling pisstakes.

However, I may still be able to source odd’s ‘n sod’s for ex-military Land Rovers in the form of charitable donations … no promises but if you have a shopping list for the old gel, let me know, and I’ll see what I can sort out :thumb

thank you zeb
our immedite need is a lhd steering box/and a pair of lhd swivelhub bars/
an overdrive would really help but not as important.
so owt will help
oh yes still looking for a set of leaf springs as ours look a tad tired..

Now......................this is what I call a real challenge.

The bloke on the left operates the pedals and calls out the speed, the bloke on the right steers the thing . ......brilliant.........................all the way to Dakar???!!!!!

That has to be worth a few bob in sponsership..

Marcus.:confused: :confused: :clap :clap

Marcus Shurvinton said:
Now......................this is what I call a real challenge.

The bloke on the left operates the pedals and calls out the speed, the bloke on the right steers the thing . ......brilliant.........................all the way to Dakar???!!!!!

Marcus.:confused: :confused: :clap :clap

Now that all sounds fine and dandy in theory Marcus, but i'm buggered if i'm going to sit there fighting for the gear knob all the way across the Sahara. :rolleyes:

(I know Graham's married...but you know what happens in hot and dusty places...particularly in Morroco......and I've heard things ;) )

Seriously, well done Slimbo for kicking this off.....we have a long way to go, we'll need and will be asking for alot of help.......we have some ideas but any other constructive comments will be very welcome.......

In the next week or two we'll talk more about the specific charities that we're supporting, and why.....for both of us they're quite personal and important and I hope people will support us in what we're going to do..

PS thanks to BHT for setting up the URL......we chose it specifically because it reflects what we're doing and is closely associated with this forum, but it's also useable afterwards for any other big challenge events associated with UKGSer's .....once it's established, we had visions of it becoming a place where fat twats, rampant wimmin riding LeJog and any other charity based event could find a home.

Enough for now.......but watch this space.....we'll be shouting out long and hard from here on in.........

Cheers

Fanum

Bill

Back
Top Bottom