Disposable kit needed......

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Slimbo, myself and XXXXX will be doing this challenge at the end of the year .........but we're very aware that it's probably going to be a one-way trip...I.E we drive all the way to the Gambia, auction the landy or donate it to the charities there, then fly back.......

One idea Graham and I have been talking about is to extend the challenge a tad and tow one of those nifty 1.5 tonne army trailers behind the landy to the Gambia, with our GS's aboard, then auction the Landy and trailer and ride home....simple :)rolleyes: :D )....

Whether this comes off or not, we're going to need a fair amount of 'disposable' kit.......stuff like water bottles, jerry cans, maps, camping kit in general, fekk knows what.......

All of this stuff will be left/sold/auctioned in the Gambia, leaving us with our personal rucksacks to fly/ride back, and we both have GPS and the core camping kit sorted, however if anyone has any old but serviceable stuff that would be of use and that they wouldn't mind donating, please shout out......

We're only just starting the serious planning of this now......we have six months which sounds a long time but in reality isn't, so any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Just a thought Bill......

1) have you told Dani where you're going to be over christmas
2) does she believe you

Matron said:
Just a thought Bill......

1) have you told Dani where you're going to be over christmas
2) does she believe you
Yep...and she's very supportive of it 'cos she knows it's something important to me that i really want to do :D

I can probibly get hold of some jerry cans no questions asked if you know what i mean.

Back
Top Bottom