france in july

cutmorej

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
the good woman and me are heading for france 27th july (10 days)any body got some good roads,accomadation,ferry prices and places to see would love to get down to monaco and back up through the alps but maybe too much to take on any info most welcome;)

N85 "Route de Napoleon" from Grenoble to Riviera quite nice one way, or over La Bonnette and back routes to Nice... Franco no doubt can give you full info on that area and supply pics....

Invicta Moto said:
N85 "Route de Napoleon" from Grenoble to Riviera quite nice one way, or over La Bonnette and back routes to Nice... Franco no doubt can give you full info on that area and supply pics....

Indeed the countyside from Grenoble to The coast is very spectacular. Buy a map and check out some of the D roads. Absolutley Fabulous and less cars. And probably less likely to get zapped by the police.

The french by the way are picking up on speed cameras on busy dual carriage roads in the south as well as north. So sticking to normal N and D roads is a good idea. And obviously the place to be whilst on holiday riding a GS.

I will be in France during your trip down, House is in Buis Les Baronnies, near Nyons. I run a B&B but I will be booked until saturday 31/7 and then from 7/8 onwards. Keep my number in case of any problems in France, always got a brew on the go and a set of tools, secure parking etc. If passing through area cold beer!

0475 28 3214

Should be OK...

We toured from the south back up to Dieppe over five days without killing ourselves. Might make a decent route down. Normandy (good) to Loire valley (good) to Massif Central (brilliant) to south coast, then op the valley past Avignon to the Alps and home...

Champagne and Burgundy areas are worth a look. Scenery around Epernay is lovely (there's a Logis hotel in Moussy which has a super restaurant). Auberge Champenoise

Southern part of Burgundy is also very pretty (around the Beaujolais villages).

I'd be tempted to blast on the Autoroute from the Channel to stop in either Reims or Moussy and then take day 2 at a more leisurely pace around Chablis, Cote d'Or and Beaujolais.

Day 3 - head for the Alps.

Back
Top Bottom