990 Adventure panniers & other additions

the_laughing_mole

Reaction score
Looking for a newish 990 and planning to get heated grips and panniers (as I have on my current 1150GS). What are your views on the KTM H&B panniers - the plastic ones - look well made but BIG! Do they stick out past the handlebars (tough for filtering if they do...) and do they affect the handling?

Ref heated grips, the dealer said they can fit either the KTM ones or more expensive Honda ones which he was pushing. What's your experience - are the KTM ones good enough??

Thanks for your help. :thumb2

KTM

Hepco luggage is quality,watertight and tough has a twin skin wall so if your camping you can store 3 litres of water in each box,are huge on the bike dont think mine stuck out past the bars and i filtered ok,at least there like big tupperware boxes if you hit anything you wont be doing damage to your pride and joy.I had KTM hot grips imho they are'nt great they were nowhere near as good as my bm ones so maybe you'd be wise to go with the honda ones,on another note you wont get a helmet in the side cases,but if you have the topcase also,then one will fit in there as long as you have'nt got much in it HTH

Thanks for the feedback Cherokee. What's it like at speed with the panniers on - any weave etc? With my 1150 I couldn't tell the difference (await comments on GS handling etc :rolleyes:)

Re--panniers,I have a 950 with alu boxes ,i have experienced no handling problems,But these bikes do feel lighter in the front end than Gs's especially 1150's.
So to answer your question i wouldn't worry about handling with the panniers on.You can always tweek the suspension to suit yourself and weight of luggage.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom