Crashbars 1200

ANDRE

Hi guys

As this is only my second posting I will first introduce myself.
I come from The Hague, Holland and after 4 years on an 1150 GS I am now the happy owner of an R1200GS. Fantastic bike to my opinion!!

Normally I just come here to read .But at this point I would like to ask you guys about an opinion. Over here in Holland and probably the rest of the world some original parts were diffucult to buy.
For me especially the crashbars. I now have some crashbars made by a small company overhere and I would like to know what you think about it. Maybe this could help some guys who are still waiting.
Appollogies for my bad English
r1200gs_crashbar2.jpg

More foto's can be seen at www.evamotor.nl

what to comment? they are just great!

good job! crashbars are not my thing but these look nice

Thanks for the positive reactions so far. I am very happy with the crashbars myself. Although they are not tested yet . I have some more ideas like a bigger bashplate or something like an adjustable pulrod on the paralever to give me more groundclearence. (the sidestand seems to get smaller by the day)

Crashbars are made from stainless steel. All info about the company can be found on http://www.evamotor.nl Or mail info@evamotor.nl

Hi Dutchman were'nt you on the Dutch GS club site a while ago!!

Andre

the design is the normal BMW one, so they'll probably hold (redirecting the drop force to the right places)

so, cost?

ANDRE said:
Thanks for the positive reactions so far. I am very happy with the crashbars myself. Although they are not tested yet . I have some more ideas like a bigger bashplate or something like an adjustable pulrod on the paralever to give me more groundclearence. (the sidestand seems to get smaller by the day)

Crashbars are made from stainless steel. All info about the company can be found on http://www.evamotor.nl Or mail info@evamotor.nl

Hi Dutchman were'nt you on the Dutch GS club site a while ago!!

Andre

Yes, that's me........is this your company or did you just let them use your bike for the photo's.....?

Cheers

Dutch

The crash bars look fine but your header pipes need a tube of Autosol and some serious effort! ;)

Dutchman said:
........is this your company or did you just let them use your bike for the photo's.....?

No, it's not my company. I am just a client. The company owner was looking for a 1200 to do some measuring for equipment that he wanted to develop and I was looking for someone who could make a nice crashbar. So we helped out eachother.

Indeed I wanted the BMW design because it looks good and also it is difficult to make something else because there are only 2 points on each side to fix the bars too.
I used a few of NLS's pics to get the right points. (thanks NLS).

Andre

Like them look as good as the BMW ones so where do I order ??

What make is the tankbag?, and where can i get one?, it looks a more reasonable size than the genuine BM item.

gavin said:
What make is the tankbag?, and where can i get one?, it looks a more reasonable size than the genuine BM item.

Gavin

That'll be the new Touratech tankbag, available from Touratech UK....

1200gstankbag04.jpg

Cheers

Dutch

Thanks Dutch,

I'll be having one of them, i'll get on the phone to Touratech this week.

Very nice for hanging things on but they won't do bugger all to stop the cylinder heads grounding, the only oines that actually do anything usefull are the H&B design.

Jimb said:
Very nice for hanging things on but they won't do bugger all to stop the cylinder heads grounding, the only oines that actually do anything usefull are the H&B design.

Jimb can you provide some more info about the H&B design. Do they have a website? I am from Australia and do not know H&B.

Regards,

Rupert.

Rupert said:
Jimb can you provide some more info about the H&B design. Do they have a website? I am from Australia and do not know H&B.

Regards,

Rupert.

Hi Rupert....

Don't think they are on their website yet.......but take a look here:

http://adventurersworkshop.com/Merc...n=CTGY&Store_Code=AWI&Category_Code=AWS1200GS (scroll down the page a bit....)

I know it's a US site, but it might make economic sense to buy from there..........?

Cheers

Dutch

(Sorry for cuttin' in there Jimb, but I'd just found them myself......)

Rupert

The Hepco & becker bars wrap around the cylinder head and completley protect it from grounding, some dealers will tell you they have to remove them to get the valve covers off, this is bollocks, they just need to be loosened and there is enough clearance to get the covers off.

I do my own maintenance and all I do is back off two bolts by 5mm.

Having "tested" the H&B bars I can assure you these are the ones to have, accept no others, If you drop it hard enough the bars can break at the welds but that would be true of any, at least the engine is OK.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom