KTM Wiring tips

HondaMan

Reaction score
I picked up a 520sx from Lo-IQs mate this week......thanks to Lo for putting the advert up and thanks to his mate for being a all round generally good geezer. Got the bike home and started to have a tinker with it - seems to start and run fine which is good.

I do a fair bit off road and have had an XR400 for years - it's been brilliant and I always vowed never to get a KTM for the simple reason everyone I know with one spends a bomb on them - Keeps Taking Money etc etc.

Anyway, picked this up for a good price and it's really started to grow on me so I want to try and get the lights working and it MOTd. It's an SX so means its Motocross version with larger back wheel and 4 speed gearbox and no elec start - so a Mans bike really :cool:. It seems to be 2002 or 2003 and is road registered on a 53 plate.

I could do with some advice on the wiring - it has a KTM handlebar switch, lights have obviously worked as they are on there as is a wiring loom. Previous owner put a new Reg / Rec on there. I understand some SXs did not have lighting capability as standard but this one does as it has a yellow wire coming from Alternator.

Couple of questions to start with:
  • does it need a sidelight for MOT?
  • With the yellow wire indicating lighting capability will I be able to charge a battery if I fit one?
  • Does the exc have more wires coming from the Alternator? If so does anyone know what's missing?

Attachments

• IMG_5414.jpg
    IMG_5414.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 70

Back
Top Bottom