Portsmouth-Le havre

t'other dave

Reaction score
Anyone on the LD Lines boat outta Portsmouth 21/06/10 @ 23.00?
I will be traveling alone so anybody to talk to would be nice, also will be around the Alps 23/06 for 8 days Interlaken east to Cortina up over Grossglockner and west towards b500 Black Forest time peritting.
Dave

We are on the 8.30am
The ferry will be busy with bikers going to Le Mans so I do not think you will be lonely:comfort

Good man thats a top trip report :bounce1
I now really cant wait for mine :drool
I usually travel alone as you only need to please your self (easy in my case)
How long did it take you to get across France ? I was just goona auto route it to Pontarlier.
I have a little more planning than you but not to much just a route ish.. a map and mp3.
Good stuff Ash
Dave

portsmouth-le havre

hi t'dave there's 3 of us going on the 20th , 8ish i think.we're heading for the alps staying in morzine(i think) stopping over somewhere near auxerre/orleans on the sunday night.

Route

I travel very frequently on LD Lines Portsmouth to Le Havre ferries and I prefer this route to any others. Last year they had a summer fast service which I found so convenient, less hours on the boat and road! however, they didnt come in operation this year. Still, the cabins over night are very comfortable on the way there and the jounrey back is only 5 hours give or take. My friends live Lisieux, I like visiting them for nice long weekends.I usual find good deals via http://www.aferry.co.uk/portsmouth-le-havre-ferry.htm , I have checked all the websites individually for the past 2 trips and they have proven to give the best price so I am happy.
Maybe, the only thing I could say about their sailing is that I would rather they have more frequent ones rather than once a day. Still, I'm not complaining :)

Back
Top Bottom