Where's me music?

Mort

Reaction score
I have loaded some tunes onto my 660 direct from my laptop.
When I plug the 660 into my computer I can see that they are on it.
When I touch the media player it says no MP3 files found!!!

What have I done wrong?

Ok, found it.....how do I get it from the music file to where I can play it on the unit?

I've just received my bluetooth hearing thingy:bounce1

Pardon :aidan

How did you resolve the problem? I did the exact same thing and are clueless! :blast

Both v3.50 and v3.80 have an issue with finding .mp3 files.

The next time you cold start your Zumo, they may be lost again!

Greg

Lost again! I can't find them to start with! :blast I even put an album onto a micro sd card and it doesn't find them either! Can the zumo not read WMA files? I'm a computer numpty too. :eek

Lost again! I can't find them to start with! :blast I even put an album onto a micro sd card and it doesn't find them either! Can the zumo not read WMA files? I'm a computer numpty too. :eek

You need to change the format of each song you have to MP3 and then drag it across into the zumo card folder when plugged in to the computer....

I've got around 200 tunes from my Itunes collection and I had to convert every one ;)

Both v3.50 and v3.80 have an issue with finding .mp3 files.

The next time you cold start your Zumo, they may be lost again!

Greg

My unit does this - 9 times out 10,say, no problem, then the 10th time - tells me no MP3 files. Sometimes I switch off & back on again & they reappear, sometimes I can't be bothered, but look 10 minutes later, & there they are.:blast

Never had any bother with mine.
For reference I use a kosher 8GB Sandisk microSDHC card.
File structure is as shown. All are MP3 files.
Make sure you fill in the Artist and Album info or it'll have trouble finding and sorting the tracks.

...and I know some of the albums are dodgy........that's just the A's....honest

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 177
You need to change the format of each song you have to MP3 and then drag it across into the zumo card folder when plugged in to the computer....

I've got around 200 tunes from my Itunes collection and I had to convert every one ;)

Sorry about this but exactly how do you change the format from wma to mp3? :nenau Speak slowly too please! :blast

Sorry about this but exactly how do you change the format from wma to mp3? :nenau Speak slowly too please! :blast

If you've got millions of tracks already ripped from CD in WMA format, you can get software to convert the whole lot 'en masse'. Do a google for 'batch wma mp3 convert'. But it'll probably cost you.

However, if you want to rip some new tracks, then windows media player will rip tracks from a CD into MP3 files.
Just go RIP, format, MP3

Easy for individual tracks on a Mac... highlight the track, top bar, advanced, make MP3 copy :thumb

Back
Top Bottom