A few hours to kill in Grenoble

Cheesy Mike

I have three or four hours to kill during a business trip on Wednesday in Grenoble, before I need to drive (rental car) back to Lyon Airport and fly somewhere else.

Can anyone suggest nice places near to Grenoble that might be worth a look? I've never been there before and will most likely need to go back at least once every three months in the next year so will probably take the bike next time.

Mike

Mike...there are some superb roads up behind Grenoble........

some really nice gorges with the roads cut into the cliffs and through tiny tunnels.........

Attachments

• grenoble.jpg
    grenoble.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 165
Area to avoid?

This is the Grenoble webcam:-

Somebody's ( Grrr!)......nobbled it.

Attachments

• snap1.gif
    snap1.gif
    57.9 KB · Views: 153
Killing in Grenoble

A few frogs would be nice, so that they'll be fewer on the road when I get there end of july
:D :D :D :D :D

Annecy is very nice if you just want to chill for a while. Stunning views, beautiful lake, old buildings & plenty of restaurants to choose from.

If you only have a few hours, it may be a little far but wotrth it for when you take the bike. Grenoble to Annecy is 66 miles & Annecy to Lyon is 86 miles.

What a stunning area. As it turned out though, when I arrived in the office my host said "I see you have a few hours spare in your diary today. I have setup an extra meeting....". Git.

As the Austrian governor of California said though - "I'll be back"

Mike

Where's the road in the main pic? Looks cool. I'm in the area for a week in August, going to Jusiers to an apartment..... and Genoble and the N85 is my access riad.. but this lookslike a nice detour!

Back
Top Bottom