Grimsel and Susten Passes

Alte Wolf

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Grimsel and Susten Passes are open yet. I seem to remember reading a thread somewhere here recently suggesting they were still closed.

Hope to be there next week and was trying to plan a few runs.

Alte :bounce1

Thanks

MasterDabber said:
Have a look at Alpineroads.com

and their link to Swissinfo

Looks like both are Frei.... open.

HTH

MasterDabber

Excellent have marked both these sites. Thanks for that, can get back to planning other routes now also as the webpage you listed has all of the passes of interest on.

Regards, Alte :)

Basically all the passes are open now. The Furka, Susten and Grimsel round trip has been open for about 2 weeks ... did it last thursday.

You could also throw is the Klausen, St Gottardo and the Nufenan which are all close by. If you tanl it you can get most done in a day, but the ebst suggestion would be to stay Andermatt way and enjoy.

I haven't done the Furka below Gletsch, but it is meant to be good.

Watch out for laser spped traps. Do NOT exceed 120KPH or it will get expensive. The police seem to have cracked down on the speed of bikes in the passes

The Phantom Pieman said:

You could also throw is the Klausen, St Gottardo and the Nufenan which are all close by. If you tanl it you can get most done in a day, but the ebst suggestion would be to stay Andermatt way and enjoy.

I haven't done the Furka below Gletsch, but it is meant to be good.

Watch out for laser spped traps. Do NOT exceed 120KPH or it will get expensive. The police seem to have cracked down on the speed of bikes in the passes

Phantom/Master Dabber

Thanks for all that also the speed cameras etc. Was hoping to avoid such things for a while :(
'To be fore-warned is to be fore-armed' and all that!

Cheers Kameraden :eyebrow

Kindest regards, Alte :)

speed cameras

Yo bro!

As you pair are clearin' off without middle bro, i can only leave it to lil'bro to keep you out of the camera lens. If there are any changes i'll tie in with you in Thones. Have a great trip and enjoy the passes. Knowing you you'll do them in a day but do take time to drink it all in - We stayed under the Eiger last time - central enough to make day two fabulous. Try that St Bernard one too (turn left at Martigny roundabout Ha ha!). Less spectacular but an interesting diversion to end with coming back thru the tunnel into Chamonix.

Save me some BB pie!

Re: speed cameras

BATMAN said:
Yo bro!

As you pair are clearin' off without middle bro, i can only leave it to lil'bro to keep you out of the camera lens. If there are any changes i'll tie in with you in Thones. Have a great trip and enjoy the passes. Knowing you you'll do them in a day but do take time to drink it all in - We stayed under the Eiger last time - central enough to make day two fabulous. Try that St Bernard one too (turn left at Martigny roundabout Ha ha!). Less spectacular but an interesting diversion to end with coming back thru the tunnel into Chamonix.

Save me some BB pie!

Thanks bro,

If you can make it, I want a guided tour to the BB emporium with a cappo. I'm buyin :eek:
Will try St Bernard also, speak soon. Off now for Ferry :)

Will email.

Later Dude :)

Re: Re: speed cameras

Alte Wolf said:
Thanks bro,

If you can make it, I want a guided tour to the BB emporium with a cappo. I'm buyin :eek:
Will try St Bernard also, speak soon. Off now for Ferry :)

Will email.

Later Dude :)

And watch out for all the Germans :D :D

You can tell them by the GS's , dodgy facial hair and lace up leather jeans !!! ;) ;) ;) ;) :D ;)

Back
Top Bottom