PDA

View Full Version : My Evo Electraglide...

att
05-06-10, 12:58
Bought the thing in Oct last year, put it in the shed.....Woeful peice of shite that it was.(I took it out briefly a couple of months back and began to bond with it)
No time to do my own spanners, so took it to an independent quite local to me, had him do a 10,000 mile service on it.
Fucking Hell:eek The thing is transformed, I can`t begin to know where to start, I only know that it was a pleasure to ride back the 25 miles to my gaff and I am now actually looking forward to France and Spain on it in July:eek

You wouldn`t believe the crap the last owner had put on it.....Plug caps that didn`t even fit on the plugs, just because they had transparent casings so you could see the spark:rolleyes:

I bought it off e bay whilst having consumed a large quantity of red wine, the wife spotted it and said it looked nice and comfortable.....No more alcohol and e bay for me:D Good thing it was cheap and I must admit that I thought I had bought a bit of a dog, but the chap who worked on it says it is a good sound bike with no issues:eek:

So a good servicing really can work wonders when the guy doing it knows what he is doing....And he is a nice chap too....Rare to find these days.:thumb2

longdog
05-06-10, 14:33
Good choice, I fancy one of these too! They are great to ride as long as you don't want to get your knee down or go green laning! They (cruisers) are really a nice way to see the countryside that you are travelling through.

Now, we really do need some photos of this machine att :thumb

Stretchamus
05-06-10, 14:39
Evo engined H-D's are the best.

Enjoy :thumb

Devon
05-06-10, 15:03
The Electra Glide is a superb tourer. It will really come into its own going around Spain and France :thumb2

jonnie comet
05-06-10, 16:09

....I ran one for nine years.....no problems, no breakdowns....twat to clean, but a very good 'bike....It became one of those 'bikes, that you absolutely trust, to the point, where it never enters your head, that It might break down.

PROPERLY SERVICED.....:rob (as 'att' has sussed) they run and run......

Newer ones suffer from corrosion issues you know.......:augie

att
05-06-10, 18:33
A clickable thumb apparently:confused:
I call it the 'fairground ride', as it reminds me of the sort of bikes you could go on when you were a toddler on the merry - go - round:D

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/att1/Squidge/th_squidgeharley012.jpg (http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/att1/Squidge/?action=view&current=squidgeharley012.jpg)

Fanum
05-06-10, 18:38
That's a monster that is!:eek:

It's one of those bikes I feel I ought to hate, but I must confess, I do rather like them :blush

Att.....you don't seriously call it 'squidge' do you? :blast :rolleyes:

att
05-06-10, 19:05
That's a monster that is!:eek:

It's one of those bikes I feel I ought to hate, but I must confess, I do rather like them :blush

Att.....you don't seriously call it 'squidge' do you? :blast :rolleyes:

:D No, I call it the fairground ride....It is in the same file as my cat and she is called squidge, just in case:thumb:D

I must admit I feel embarrassed riding it solo, as it really is so over the top:ymca

boxer
05-06-10, 19:16
I am now actually looking forward to France and Spain on it in July:eek

Serious bit of advice then; take the leg shields off. The heat the engine pumps out when moving slowly or stopped has to be felt to be believed.

It was bloody uncomfortable in a traffic jam in Sheiffeild to day - before I got rear-ended anyway:mmmm

Nice bike:thumb2

longdog
05-06-10, 21:46
A clickable thumb apparently:confused:
I call it the 'fairground ride', as it reminds me of the sort of bikes you could go on when you were a toddler on the merry - go - round:D

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/att1/Squidge/th_squidgeharley012.jpg (http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/att1/Squidge/?action=view&current=squidgeharley012.jpg)

Nice bike :thumb2

I don't like the coloured wheels and whitewalls, but the rest is VERY nice!!!

MMC
05-06-10, 23:04

Amen to that. Still miss my Tour Glide. Superb long distance bike.

Ash
06-06-10, 00:09
:ymca

:kissy2