Sun 20th June - Williams ride out

Spout

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Williams are organising a ride out Sunday to the Lake District. A repeat of a successful event last year.
I'm told it's all roads (maybe a few tracks and river crossings).
Is anyone going?
Full tank of fuel at Williams for 9am start.

Yes

Just have to hope it doesn't rain or we'll need our snorkels. If we go anywhere near to the Winsford ford.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

They use the drop-off system but Paul like to make good progress on his GSA and it's a sight to see. Does take a while for the 40 odd bikes to get by when you stop though.:D :D :D

Wish I could

Bike back on road end of month,have a great day and dont forget your umbrella !!!

Stewart :beerjug:

You may need to sign up..

I got told by a friend ( charlie ) it was limit places,, and you need to sign up.. something like 45 bikes only.. so
if you wanting to go give them a ring..

Being a proffesional organisation i think they have to limit numbers as they are "technically" responsible for you whilst your onit..

I wish i could go,, but loosing weekends to work and study..
Have lots of fun..

Sunday's outing was a exellent, despite needing full wet gear at the start & end of the day.

Williams should be organising a weekend run for later in the year, but it's strictly limited numbers (10 - 15 bikes).

:D

Paul_Bly said:
Sunday's outing was a exellent, despite needing full wet gear at the start & end of the day.

Williams should be organising a weekend run for later in the year, but it's strictly limited numbers (10 - 15 bikes).

:D

Any photpgraphs?

Here's one of Spout having a pounder!!

Attachments

• spout.jpg
    spout.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 172
And of course a picture of the best colour GS :D

Attachments

• mine.jpg
    mine.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 162
Sorry about the size of the image, not sussed out how to make them smaller yet. :confused:

Here's one looking the other way...

lakes1.jpg

By the way, Mine's the blue / white GS with the open top box.:rolleyes:

Yes it was another great day!!!Hard knot pass was great fun not to busy for a sunday.I like the the mandrin seat on the black GS on the first picture I agree it's the best colour

I put a few pics on the "Event Aftermaths" forum but wait till you see some of the pics Reggie (the cameraman) got from his vantage points on the bridges. There's a cracking shot of us all on the M602 (in the rain, but still a brilliant shot).

Think we counted 28 GS's in all.

No-one's mentioned Pete nearly dropping that new 1200 at Forton services yet????:rolleyes:

I said, No-one's mentioned Pete nearly dropping that new 1200 at Forton services yet????

Didn’t see him:eek: Was the bike to heavy for him.:D

Sid said:
wait till you see some of the pics Reggie (the cameraman) got from his vantage points on the bridges. There's a cracking shot of us all on the M602 (in the rain, but still a brilliant shot).

Has anyone received a copy of the pictures from Pete at Manchester BMW yet ?, I have sent an e:mail to them but have not received a reply.

Charlie

I was in on Saturday. I've seen a few of the pics. Pete has them on CD but hasn't 'burned' them yet (kumutor speak for made a copy?)
Expect copies to be availible soon.

Will have to pay Pete at Williams a visit and get a copy.:D Would nice to have a few mementos of how wet I got during the first and last parts of the ride. ;)

Back
Top Bottom