KTM 640 enduro rear tyre - difficult to find 130 size

7cuero

Reaction score
Hi chaps

I just recently bought a KTM 640 enduro 2004 and is in need to have the rear tyre replaced. Currently has a 130/80 r18 tyre but it's difficult to find tyres on this size. Do you know if a 140/90 will fit without rubbing on the swingarm or anywhere else?

Your help is well appreciated.

Thanks

I have a 640 Adventure, which I am pretty sure shares the same swing arm. I have used Michelin T63 rears for a while now, fairly sure they are 130/80. In the next few weeks I will be replacing that with a Michelin desert (because I have a part worn one to use up) and that is 140/80. Last time I used one it was fairly tight, with very little clearance between the edge of the knobs and the chain guard. I didn't cause any problems when riding though.
HTH
Mark

140/80-18 will fit, and is available in Pirelli MT21 guise. This is a reasonably good tyre, suited to the middleweight adv bike character.

Timpo.

Thanks chaps for the replies. I'm thinking to fit the Pirelli, unless you think there's a better option...

Also Heindenau K60 is a slightly more road orientated tread is required, but still with some trail capability. Also available in 140/80-18 size.

k60.jpg

Timpo.

Thanks chaps for the replies. I'm thinking to fit the Pirelli, unless you think there's a better option...

Depends what you're using it for, pirelli MT21s are not the best in mud but they are probably the best all round tyre.

Here's mine with a 140 MT21 and mT21 front, for serious offroading in Wales with a mix of slippy rocks and mud I prefer something a bit more aggressive, especially on the front:thumb
816896446_fJr3A-XL.jpg

Thanks guys. Actually I'm looking for a more off road oriented tyre with some on road capabilities to not shred the knobbies on the tarmac, within travels to the trails. :thumb2

Thanks guys. Actually I'm looking for a more off road oriented tyre with some on road capabilities to not shred the knobbies on the tarmac, within travels to the trails. :thumb2

Michelin Deserts:thumb but be careful on wet tarmac....

Back
Top Bottom