Quick question on Zumo 660 audio setup (vs 550)

essjay

Reaction score
On my 550, I have the 3.5mm headphone out running to my Autocom (Kit 300 Duo or something) through the Isolation adapter I got at the time.

I have the Autocom Bluetooth dongle paired with the 550.

On the 550 I have a setting where the GPS navigation commands come through the 3.5mm headphone only and phone calls through the bluetooth. (the idea being that the Autocom cuts volume to everything when a call comes in)

Can I do the same with the 660?

I hear the 660 only has one cable coming from the unit that includes the power, audio and mic. Correct? Is the audio out a standard 3.5mm stereo jack and thus easy enough to get an extension cable to the rear of the bike (where the autocom is).

Lastly - reckon an upgrade to the 660 from the 550 is worth it? I was playing with the idea of getting a 2610 for backup (as I've had one 550 die on me already) but my current thought is to get a 660 and keep the 550 I have now for backup. At least this way I can put current maps on both units.

Havn't tested the Bluetooth out (As my Scala rider died) on the 660 but I'd guess it's the same.

The 660 has one cable that splits into three about 15 inches from the unit.
It's quite handy as you get seperate power, 3.5mm audio out and 2.5mm mic in cables.

This allows you to porperly tape up the connections on the 660 as I was always worried with having the 3.5 & 2.5mm jacks permanently in the side of the 550 when it got wet.

There is also a 3.5mm audio out jack in the side of the 660 unit like the 550 had.

Finally, is it worth the upgrade? Probably if you sell the 550 for a good price.
The only thing I've noticed that bugs me is the screen seems much more prone to glare on bright days.

Back
Top Bottom