What's the best tank bag for 1150gs?

gbpot

Reaction score
Expecting obvious answer, but what IS the best?
Just before I spend my hard earned, I thought I'd check.
Ta in advance
Gav

Apologies Mods, probably in the wrong section?

having

tried a few I always found the Bee-em one to be the best, not the biggest but fits well and doesn't fly off unexpectedly.

Well, I favour a baglux tank bag. I have used them for years and when I moved from my Guzzi to R1150GS all that was needed was a new harness as the old tank bag fitted. My tank bag is a 2 tier one and either part can be used individually as well, giving me 3 different size tank bags depending on my needs.

Anyone tried the Dzeta baglux bag which is specifically for GS/Trailee type bikes. A second hand one is winging its way to me now which was in the freebie Motorcycle Monthly classifieds. I have never even seen one to be honest. Hope it is OK:augie

I always liked my Baglux cover and tank bag, the cover protected the tank and took different sized bags as well.

Mine's a 1200 but have used BMW and no real problems but now have Baglux and its a lot easier to fill the bike up with the bag fitted now.

I like my Hein Gericke Tuareg. It has a separate harness onto which the bag zips but having a plastic tank on my 1100, I don't have the option of magnetic bags. That said, I like this arrangement and there is no chance of it coming adrift if a magnet lets go. It has a decent sized map pocket and it doesn't have a separate cover but is waterproof in all but torrential rain (I line it with a heavy duty plastic bag cut from a rubble sack in any case).

A friend has a SW Motech bag on his 1200 which uses their quite nifty looking quick release locking ring that locates around the filler neck (has the option of an electrical connector so you can have 12v power in your bag). This looks a nice, albeit expensive, bag and is probably the one I'd choose if / when my Tuareg dies.

Lidls:thumb Totally waterproof, even without using the waterproof cover.

Lidls:thumb Totally waterproof, even without using the waterproof cover.

I've just remembered, I have one of these. Never used it, bought it years ago and tucked it away. It is still in the plastic zip-bag it came in.

Does it stay on Eliminator?

I am soon going to need a strap on tank bag, I dont suppose my magnetic jobbie will work with the plastic tank, I see the Lidl/Aldi bike stuff is coming around again, any comments on their tankbag?

Stewart

sticks on to the tank very well. It's been used on 1150GS, Divvie 900, 100RT & HondaCB-1 400, no problems on any of them.

For the money a brilliant tank bag.

I think it was about £15 when I got it, oxford equivalent must have been over £50, i bought it expecting it to be not very good, but was proved wrong.

Hi GBPOT
I have one of the Lidls tank bag i dont need anymore so free to anyone who wants it , just pay me for the p+p. :thumb

SW Motech - clips onto adapter fitted around tank filler, doesn't touch the paintwork so no scratches, map case clips on top. Not very big but advantages are that has enough space for essentials and not too heavy to lug around.

I have one of these on my current bike

http://www.touringbiker.com/ItemPage.aspx?TB=3595

Mine will fit the GS so unless I can sell it for good price it will just get transfered, but hoping to get some dosh for it and buy GS specific one.

The integral power is very handy for keeping everythig charged, I have a ciggy-USB adapter and use a £5 multi charger kit from E-Bay that has connections for everything from phones - MP3 - Nintendo etc.

I then use same kits mains - USB adapter when in Hotel.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Universal-USB...ories_MobilePhoneChargers&hash=item230896fca6

Tank-Bag

Well, I favour a baglux tank bag. I have used them for years and when I moved from my Guzzi to R1150GS all that was needed was a new harness as the old tank bag fitted. My tank bag is a 2 tier one and either part can be used individually as well, giving me 3 different size tank bags depending on my needs.

Must say I agree the Baglux is by far the best tank-bag I have ever used.
Bernie
Stahlkoffer Pannier systems.

Back
Top Bottom