Zumo 660 Screen in daylight?

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Now here's the problem... I can't see the screen even though its on 100% brightness in the settings....

But I've noticed that when the ignition is switched off ( Canbus) the screen goes nice and bright ( and fully readable) just before it asks me if I want to turn off or stay on :confused:

This'll drive me mad on the euro trip if I can't see the screen :(

I got the genuine Garmin sun shield from a site in America. I think it was about £14 with postage! A bargin if you ask me.

I've already got the model 320 Glarestomper from my previous 2610, which I never fitted, and having spent 20 minutes fiddling with whilst holding the 660 I can't work out how its supposed to go on :rob

I never really had a problem with glare on the 2610 and I believe if the 660 is as bright as it should be that would be fine....

I've gone on the Zumo forum and asked the same question, and a reply suggested that I need to set the brightness at 100% while its connected to the mount, and that the software should remember the setting... so I have done this ( although I thought I'd done it already)

I now need to go for a ride tomorrow to see if its any brighter :thumb

Maybe change the angle of the Zumo 660 slightly? I was out on my bike yesterday in bright sunlight and had no problem reading the display riding towards the sun, or away from it. Yet my instrument panels kept catching the glare a bit making them harder to read.

Attachments

• DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 324
Done about 150 miles in bright sunshine today and its fine :)

It needs to be in the bike cradle and powered up... then set the brightness at 100%.. the unit then remembers the setting for the next time its on the bike :thumb

Back
Top Bottom