Deleting stuff?

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Went to add a place to favourites to get the message 'favourites is full'

Now for some reason I have all the mountain passes in europe in 'favourites' and want to get rid of them en mass....

Also when I go into favourites, I get a choice of all, or random categories from 1-16 :confused:

It seems I can only clear favourites by clicking on each one, edit, delete... and that will take an age...

I want to clear out the favourites , add a few euro routes and waypoints once again and start afresh....

I've looked at the online manual which is a waste of time....and I don't want to reset it all in case I lose all my music

Advice please :thumb

POI

Hiya,

Wonder if you could share that info - I am trying to load archies campsites into my 660 as a sub folder so I can search for campsites - but all i seem able to do is load them on mass to the route directory - any idea how to fix that issue? Thanks

tyclyd: Save the campgrounds in Mapsource as a .gpx folder.

Download POI Loader from Garmin
http://www8.garmin.com/products/poiloader/

Make sure you read the help file

After you downolad your campsites to the unit all you do is go to

Where To/Down Arrow/Extras They will all be in there.

I am trying to load archies campsites into my 660

Expanding on last post which is correct

Use Garmin POI Loader to install Archies in the same way as installing traffic cams etc. When you want a site just go to Where To>Extras>Custom POIs>archies_europe.

We don't normally book sites but just wait to see where we are mid afternoon and then use Archies to list the sites in the area. As with other POIs when stationary they show as distance and direction, eg, NE SW E etc. Once moving they show as distance and an arrow showing direction relative to yours. We just use this to find a site ahead of us. Again this year it has never failed us. Found some great sites in Hungary and Romania with it.

If you want to plan sites before trip just WHERE TO To and select NEAR before selecting EXTRAS - or

-Use the above but once sites are shown use Spell to spell a location. It's pretty good but relies on the location being in the campsite address so not perfect.

-Load Archies into Mapsource (or Basecamp for a Mac) and they can be seen on screen. The only snag with this is when zooming out to see large parts of Europe the whole screen is obscured by Archies sites. On Basecamp (better then Mapsource once you get used to it) I can keep them in a separate category and switch them in or out. On Mapsource, load them on a clean screen, not the one you are planning/saving routes on, and save as separate name.

Back
Top Bottom