Desert Rose Academy - New Venue - Course Report

Dr JM

Reaction score
I've just returned from a Stage 2 course near Leominster with Desert Rose Adventure Riding Academy. Patsy & Zippy at Desert Rose were fantastic. We couldn't do the advertised dates so Patsy ran the two days just for us two.
As a female of shorter stature I was apprehensive to say the least about the height of the KTM 400 - but from the start of the first day my fears were put to rest.
The days were well structured with skill sessions followed by rides to practice the new skills. The days were broken up with enough breaks to refresh you for the next session.
The skills we covered were too numerous to mention in detail, but suffice to say I will now be tackling things I wouldn't have dreamt of last week.

I learnt loads and laughed a lot....what better way to spend a weekend. If you want to learn new skills from people who really know how to ride and teach, then this is the course for you.

Now, will I be replacing my F800GS with something in orange....?!

... but suffice to say I will now be tackling things I wouldn't have dreamt of last week.

You certainly will!

IMG_0410.jpg

:eek:

Greg

I've just returned from a Stage 2 course near Leominster with Desert Rose Adventure Riding Academy. Patsy & Zippy at Desert Rose were fantastic. We couldn't do the advertised dates so Patsy ran the two days just for us two.
As a female of shorter stature I was apprehensive to say the least about the height of the KTM 400 - but from the start of the first day my fears were put to rest.
The days were well structured with skill sessions followed by rides to practice the new skills. The days were broken up with enough breaks to refresh you for the next session.
The skills we covered were too numerous to mention in detail, but suffice to say I will now be tackling things I wouldn't have dreamt of last week.

I learnt loads and laughed a lot....what better way to spend a weekend. If you want to learn new skills from people who really know how to ride and teach, then this is the course for you.

Now, will I be replacing my F800GS with something in orange....?!

Hi Dr JM,

I was on the Friday - Saturday course (rode up on my GS). I thought the course and venue were excellent also. Patsy and Zippy were excellent hosts. As I’m relatively new to offroading, I thought I’d try and improve my riding, before I pick up too many bad habits. I wasn’t disappointed. Zippy took the two day course; I thought he did a great job at getting across how we could all improve. Small class size was a bonus as well. Just me and Zippy for the last hour (other two had retired!), nice one :thumb. Definitely worth it, a fun two days.

Excellent to see more people here trying out these other courses, they really do have a lot to offer.

Fully agree with the comments here about the Desert Rose Academy Patsy and Zippy are two cracking people with a real passion for what they do!

Good to read you all enjoyed it!

Back
Top Bottom