Sawbridgeworth

johnboy

Ve-r-y pricey. Like someone else said, they charge easily 25% more for labour rates and their parts are expensive. £35 + VAT to fit a tyre? On top of the price of the tyre which was already expensive...No choice when you have a puncture either.

London prices in non-London area. And they don't open on Monday!

Oh they look after you ok, generally get a loaner for you when servicing, but I'm at the point where the geabox / clutch work that needs doing, and which I've been quoted 2.5k to fix, will end up being sorted out in my garage rather than theirs...Can someone tell my missus where I'll be for the next 6 months...

johnboy said:
Ve-r-y pricey. £35 + VAT to fit a tyre? On top of the price of the tyre which was already expensive...No choice when you have a puncture either.

Wollaston BMW, Northampton, not too far from Bishops Stortford. Tyre fitting: £10 per tyre to loose wheels (includes balancing); £20 per tyre to wheels on bike.

Bishops Stortford is 80+ miles from Northampton...a bit too far even without a puncture. Thanx for the tip though.

I was in Sawbridgeworth a week agao, and when I mentioned that I had paid £150 for a pair of Tourances fitted to loose wheels, the service manager commented they wouldn't be able to get anywhere near those prices.

Bob

johnboy said:
Bishops Stortford is 80+ miles from Northampton...a bit too far even without a puncture. Thanx for the tip though.

Dunno which Bishops Stortford you live in, but if it ever takes you 80+ miles to get to Northampton, you've gone the wrong way!

If you've got a puncture, then presumably 1 mile is too far, so you're either going to take the wheels in loose or put the bike in/on a van/trailer. In which case, any distance within reason is worth it for the right product, good service, and peace of mind.

:) :) :)

...pehaps you're right and it's me being pedantic but for some reason all of the bikes I've had and all of my mates & the AA's route planners and all the OS maps in the world, all indicate Bishops Stortford, in East Herts, by Stansted Airport, is 80+ miles to Northampton...However if I took the bike on the back of a
crow...

What about some practicalities here too: Trailer, van, Petrol, time?
silly little things really. ..I suppose we're really are talking about perfection here.

The point I was making how can a car tyre fitment be included in the price of a tyre when a m/c doesn't? And why the differntial between the prices of m/c/ fitment?

From the Route Planner @ theaa.com

Summary and turn-by-turn directions for your route
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Northampton Station,Nhants

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Distance: 65.3 Miles
Total Time: 1 hr 27 min

Now I'm getting really annoying aren't I??? ;)

Re: From the Route Planner @ theaa.com

jud9e said:
Now I'm getting really annoying aren't I??? ;)

Not at all, Andy! Saved me the trouble. And Wollaston is at least two miles nearer to BS than the station.

:D :D :D

Have had very good dealings with Sawbrideworth so far!
BUT.....
Had a new lazer aftermarket can fitted to my G.S after its 600 mile service.And no one noticed that the centre stand was now taking chunks out off my swinging arm.
I will let you know what the out come is.

tyre,s

Bishopstortford then why not go to Canons in Chelmsford A120 Dummow A130 Chelmsford thats only 30 minutes :clap

This conversation took place a couple of months ago,when I was collecting my THIRD Navigator.(I won't bother to say how long it took for BMW to decide that the second one,like the first, had an unrepairable internal fault).

Me,(to SBW service manager):"I'd like to extend my warranty for a third year please,as my bike is almost 2 years old now".
Service Manager:"Thats not possible now,you should have done it in the first year of Ownership"
Me:"Huh"?.Thats not what the Salesman downstairs told me when I bought the bike,he said anytime as long as it's still under warranty!"
Service Manager:"Well,thats not how I understand it.Why don't you ring Customer Services,and they'll confirm what I'm saying,I'm sure.When you've spoken to them,give me a call and let me know if I'm wrong,won't you"....

I love the bike,but the Dealership experience,(in comparison to all the other bikes I've bought new,the previous 2 being H-D's from Black Bear),has been pretty poor.When this one comes up for replacement,I shan't be writing out a cheque to SBW.....*whinge/moan/mutter*...:rob

"Service reception please".

"They're with someone at the moment."

"Ah, I'll go somewhere else then."

"OK. Bye"

NOG here I come!

Neil.

You didn't want them to call you back then?..The fact that someone else was being served surely means that you'll have to wait(briefly):nenau

I wont be going back to SBW

Thought I'd try them for a service instead of my usual visit to Cannons.

Pitched up this morning on time, had to queue for the service desk.

Service guy tells me they 'cant do it today'. :spitfire

Not an apology not a sorry.

So have wasted my valuable time this morning for nothing.

Useless

Wont be going back there again.

Hang on a minute.. who in their right mind goes to a dealer.. a BMW DEALER.. to get new tyres, surely a tyre outlet is the place to go, such as Universal Tyres.. about £160 a pair of Tourances fitted. :nenau

You didn't want them to call you back then?..The fact that someone else was being served surely means that you'll have to wait(briefly):nenau

It was more a question than a statement really, waiting for him to offer me another option. But the "OK. Bye" was the end of the call - after that there was only me on the line.

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom