Spain->France (Pyranees)->Spain->Portugal September 05th to 16th, 2010

dakarDude

Reaction score
'Ello,

Myself and my GSA are now booked on the 16:00 Brittany ferry from Plymouth to Santander on 05th Sept.

I plan to basically circumnavigate Spain/Portugal clockwise with a small incursion into France to go through the Pyranees before heading back into Spain (Barcelona) and continue down and round up through to Portugal and then back to Santander to catch the ferry home again on 16th Sept.

I'm basically winging it in terms of places to stay - nothing pre-booked other than my ferry crossings. I'll be taking a tent so intend to camp where possible and maybe stay at the odd hotel when I need a shower, bar(!), clean sheets and stuff for a night.

Any other GSers fancy tagging along, give me a shout. All are more than welcome. :thumb2

Will post pics when I get back.

Hi dD, are ya not nipping into Africa now?

Best regards Stretch :D

PS are there other places available on the ferry for other GSers

Hi All,

This trip is now starting earlier - on (this) Thursday 02nd September at noon.

The lengthier trip time is to allow more time and to get down to Morocco.

So trip is now:

- Depart at noon on Thursday 02nd Sept. and ride down to Southampton
- Stay overnight Thursday 02nd in Southampton
- Board ferry on Friday 03rd 10:15am at Portsmouth for crossing to Santander - any other GSers going on that crossing?
- Into Santander, Spain 18-24 hours later on the 04th

Then in broad strokes, the trip will be:

Head East across the top of Spain to Biarritz then down through the Pyranees, Barcelona, Costa Del Sol, Gibraltar, Algeceiras->Ceuta (Morocco), back into Spain, head West and up into Portugal, through Portugal then East again back into Spain (Santander), ferry home to Plymouth then ride home up the UK :thumb2

Stretch, answers below to your questions...

- Africa is definitely still on - Morocco
- No more spaces on the Portsmouth-Santander ferry last I checked
- Not sure of ferry spaces on the 16th return crossing from Santander to Plymouth on the 16th

Are you toying with joining Stretch? Would be good to ride with you.

Would love to Mike, did a similar trip last year, me and my Good Polska Mate.
Too much on with garage Etc and Mrs Stretch probably wouldn't give me a pass out :D you'll have a great time even if only the two of you end up going:thumb

Sh!t wish I was goin with ya:(

Attachments

• piccys from 4 g pen 186A.jpg
    piccys from 4 g pen 186A.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 301
Shame you're not coming mate. MellySenior also fancied it but can't do it this time round.

We'll get plenty of pics for y'all and maybe some video. :thumb2

I'll be heading across Dover/Calais on the morning of the 6th and will hopefully get to Pyrenees by the 7th then heading down to Valencia to meet up with Mrs Workyticket arriving no later than 10th (or she'll have my goolies for earrings) so maybe we'll hook up if your route suits?

Sounds good Worky! Will PM you my mobile, drop us a text and maybe our paths can cross? :thumb2

Just found that out - won't allow me to send.

Ah well, perhaps see you on our travels Worky...

Quick check in.

MikeTR is heading back North through Spain as I type this, we split Monday morning as he has to get back and didnt fancy Morocco this time round. Had some amazing laughs with Mike and looking forward to more rideouts when I get home.

I have continued into Morocco. Managed to get more time off work to extend the trip. Currently in Rabat with a place to stay thanks to a KTM rider who helped me out when I got in the sh$t with accomodation.

Few piccies of the trip through Spain and some of North Africa.

Loving it here but the traffic and Moroccan drivers are serious nucking futters. I almost tw&tted a donkey yesterday after swerving a car that cut in.

Anyway, piccies!

pyranees.jpg
Pyranees view point

gib.jpg
Mike looking out on the Rock of Gib

northafricaawaits.jpg
Looking out to North Africa, need those ferry tickets next..

nearalgeceiras.jpg
Not far from Algeceiras

tanger.jpg
Tanger, Morocco

Will try and post more soon!

:thumb2

goin green with envy here jim, your trip looks like it is going well. keep the piccys coming matey. ride safe and enjoy!!!!!

:clap

cheers mate!

back in europe now. stayed in madrid last night. do these people ever sleep?!?

tanger and the border crossing back into spain was a nightmare tbh, i can laugh now, but i was being interviewed by a moroccan tourism rep. at the border whilst on the verge of throwing up. the border guards all saw how ill i looked and were gesturing to each other that i had taken drugs by doing injection gestures into their arms. i was a bit put out by it and gestured back that it was some moroccan chicken i ate (and shouldnt have). this pale gs rider doing "bock bock" impressions whilst trying to answer questions from the tourism guy must have looked bloody odd :) back in ceuta i practially feinted on the tarmac of the frs ferry waiting area i was that off colour.

im taking my own sandwiches next time.

dd

as discussed, pickd up a nasty bug in fes that i cant seem to get rid of. bit dehydrated and lost a few pounds but me and the trusty gsa are now north of madrid and heading for the boat trip back to blighty soon.

cant fault the bike i have to say. stunning piece of kit.

back soon. dd

jim, i dont want to alarm you matey but get to the docs as soon as you get back, even if you feel better, when i came back a few years ago i was ropey as hell, doc sent samples off and the next thing i knew was the tropical medicine place at liverpool wanted to know where i had been, what i had ate etc.
to cut a long story short i now have some bug in me for the rest of my life, not a problem untill you get a dose of the craps then it raises its ugly head and makes things doubly bad.

Anyhow probley nothing as bad but have a check up mate.

MADRID !!!! oh what a nice place and yes your right, no one sleeps

Back
Top Bottom