Updates for Navigator IV

SilverFish

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm picking up a GSA on Saturday which has a Navigator IV already fitted.

I checked garmin.com for updates available and the latest one is Ver 3.5 Dec 09 - but I'd quite like the new features available in the most recent update for the 660.

Can 660 updates be applied to the Nav IV, or if not, is there a more recent update I can get from webupdater?

My old Zumo was a 550. Will I need to reinstall maps/mapsource..? I dont think there was a DVD in the bumph supplied, though the licence key was there. I'm thinking that Mapsource can read the maps installed on the Nav IV...

Mike

The Nav IV uses the same firmware updates as the Zumo 660 since it's essentially just a Zumo in a posh frock. The latest update available from Garmin is 3.90 and if you run WebUpdater with your NavIV plugged into your computer, it should offer you the option of downloading this and any other updates that are available, eg voice, text, Bluetooth.

You may want to do a search on here so that you're aware of the issues which people have had with recent updates.

There is dedicated BMW software in the Nav IV. Going to Settings > System > About will tell you which version of the Zumo firmware is installed in your unit. Then > Software Versions will give you additional information. My Nav IV currently shows: BMW Motorrad 2.00; GPS 2.90; DSP 2.30; Text 2.80; Voice 2.00 (British English-Emily) - [Time we had Scottish English-Morag with nice soft vowels instead of these nasty hard English ones.]; Mount 0.00

HTH

Run Webupdater when you hook up the Navigator 4 and it will find all the updates for you that will work for your unit. Update the unit then you will see additional updates. You can pick whatever you wish to update.

Mapsource will not need to be changed but your maps on Mapsource AND your new Navigator MUST match.

I suggest you purchase NuMaps lifetime and update your maps. Before doing this open Mapsource and go to HELP and CHECK FOR UPDATES. Mapsource will find and update you to the latest version. Keep in mind this is not the mapset, this is only the Mapsource Update. You will still need to run the Map update from My Garmin after you purchase it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Nümaps-European-Lifetime-Updates/dp/B001PKTDMU

I just got a new Nav IV, the 3.80 version of software with it was bloody awful. Have just updated to 3.90 and a lots of the bugs seem to have gone away - I would recommend this !

Back
Top Bottom