DR650 shock

fayeslane

Reaction score
I would like to fit a White Power shock (ex KTM400) to my DR but it is 20mm shorter and I don't want the to lower the bike -any ideas? I had a quick look and thought shorter dog bones on the linkage might do it :confused:

Another option is to try a DRZ400 shock -has anyone tried this?

The KTM shock.....? The arrangement on a KTM is direct to the swingarm.
The DR is a progressive sweep via a series of linkages. There are levering moments in the DR arrangement, I don't think it is that easy just to put 'any' shock in to it.
Have you tried to contact Hagon.

Timpo.

Hadn't considered the different mounting arrangements:confused: The next cost effective step is to get the original shock revalved and resprung to my weight. Have heard mixed reports of Hagon stuff. There is an Ikon factory here in Albury so they are an option too.

Don't want to spend megabucks as the DR was bought as a "disposable" trail bike to stop me from trashing my R100GSPD which is a handful in this terrain -very steep, lots of fallen timber & extremely greasy :eek
steelestrk006.jpg

Iirc, Ikon is an offshoot of the Koni suspension company.
I have heard their products are good.
I have had a DRZ shock serviced in UK for £90 by Kais. But I see your a bit further away from Atherton than i am...... but you should be able to get your shock serviced locally.

T.

Back
Top Bottom