abrasion
11-08-10, 22:08
The Camping "do" in Welland Worc's is officially ON

The Date 12th-14th November 2010
The place The Marlbank Inn . Welland. Worc's www.marlbankinn.co.uk

The cost
Tents 3 pppn
Wobbleboxes 3 pppn + 4.50 leccy hookup

If anybody wants to round these up to 5 pppn i will donate any extra cash collected to the air ambulance

Full cooked breakfast with juice/cereal etc will be available @ 6.95

There will be musical entertainment on the Saturday night (not sure what yet!)
For those who want to smoke/not listen there is a covered patio with heaters/woodburner:thumb2

At present there are no organised rideouts but if anybody wants to offer their services they would be more than welcome.

If you fancy coming along can you add your name to this thread and pm me for sorting out payment.

Will update this as things progress. The pub are doing all they can to accomodate us so it would be nice to see a good turnout. Ta

mumfy
14-08-10, 07:33
yes count me in

Mr K
18-08-10, 23:00
OKay: I'm in.

:eek:

Billythebiker
18-08-10, 23:11
Interested...:)

FERRET
19-08-10, 15:52
Ill be there but missus says it must be in the wobbly box, if theres an off road ride ill be up for that, do we need to pay up front:thumb

brassmonkey001
19-08-10, 20:26
Ill be there but missus says it must be in the wobbly box, if theres an off road ride ill be up for that, do we need to pay up front:thumb

Off-road Wobblyboxing? I've got to see that. :thumb

FERRET
19-08-10, 21:32
They are called trailers :thumb2, put em behind the wobbly box witha bike on:beerjug:

Morticia
19-08-10, 21:53
Count me and Duchess in, remember you have made arrangement for us:)

Morticia:beerjug:

Doris
20-08-10, 07:10
Off-road Wobblyboxing? I've got to see that. :thumb

....................:augie

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u73/Ugleebugga/t5.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u73/Ugleebugga/t2.jpg

SamD
24-08-10, 20:04
I'm in :thumb

Mr K
24-08-10, 20:06
I even booked the weekend off.

:beerjug:

Ash
24-08-10, 20:21
i have a room booked.
i do believe ;)

STUBBS
24-08-10, 21:53
could well be interested nothing planed on those dates at the moment

VAL. H.
25-08-10, 12:07
Hmm, Looks interesting. Can we bring the dog?

If so, can I provisionally book a slot for the camper with hookup please? two nights. I haven't told SWMBO about this one yet :augie

Val.

Keith Chapman
25-08-10, 13:40
I could be tempted. Wont know till nearer the time.

Buz
27-08-10, 18:24
I'm up for this one, cant very well say no this close to home :thumb2

Can i bag a camping area away from the noisey alcoholic snorers please? ooh, hang on a minute, that could be me :augie :blast

This is my 1st 'do' so can we have stickers? :clap

Buz
27-08-10, 18:51
If you wanted to do a ride out theres always the A44 to Elan Valley, about 140 miles each way, 3-4 hours round trip excluding any stop offs :D

MATKAT
28-08-10, 22:32
If you wanted to do a ride out theres always the A44 to Elan Valley, about 140 miles each way, 3-4 hours round trip excluding any stop offs :D

Bloody hell :blast!! How many times have we all done that !!
Elan valley does not even get on the Richter scale in terms of rides in Mid wales !! :augie:augie

As for the A44 no discerning ****er would even ride it between Worcester and Rhayader there are so many, many better ways of gettig there !!!!!
The A44 :blast
Surely your not serious:D:augie:aidan:blast:D

Buz
28-08-10, 22:37
Bloody hell :blast!! How many times have we all done that !!
Elan valley does not even get on the Richter scale in terms of rides in Mid wales !! :augie:augie

As for the A44 no discerning ****er would even ride it between Worcester and Rhayader there are so many, many better ways of gettig there !!!!!
The A44 :blast
Surely your not serious:D:augie:aidan:blast:D

You will have to forgive me, i've only passed my bike test 15 months and rode the A44 twice so to me it is still a new route......

But

I take your point, I guess its a bit like asking an oil question then :augie

:beerjug: :D

(Another note to self........dont mention Elan Valley/A44 :D)

Tarka
01-09-10, 21:19
Count me in please. :thumb2

Friday night and Saturday night rounded up to a fiver p/n.

Brekky on Sat and Sun please.

PM sent. :beerjug:

hambone
05-09-10, 10:24

The cost
Tents 3 pppn

If anybody wants to round these up to 5 pppn i will donate any extra cash collected to the air ambulance

For those who want to smoke/not listen there is a covered patio with heaters/woodburner:thumb2

At present there are no organised rideouts but if anybody wants to offer their services they would be more than welcome.

If you fancy coming along can you add your name to this thread and pm me for sorting out payment.

Will update this as things progress. The pub are doing all they can to accomodate us so it would be nice to see a good turnout. Ta

hi could i join in am new to this so dont know the rules. thanks hambone

Tarka
05-09-10, 10:32
hi could i join in am new to this so dont know the rules. thanks hambone

Rules ?? :nenau

Arrive.

Set up tent.

Start drinking.

Meet people.

Talk bollox.

Drink some more.

Talk even more bollox.

Eat lots of food.

While talking bollox.

And drinking even more.

Talk more bollox and drink yet more until you fall asleep.

All whilst taking photos to post on here.

Pack up tent and go home.

:D :D

hambone
05-09-10, 11:11
h:i tarka sounds like a drinking weekend :beerjug:
could be a good weekend. Unfortunatley the wife will not be with me:augie. do i just turn up or book in . cheers hambone

ciderman gs
05-09-10, 13:13
count me in 1 tent 2 people:beer::jager:beerjug:

Tarka
05-09-10, 14:17
do i just turn up or book in . cheers hambone

Abrasion`s first post tells you all about it and what to do mate. :thumb2

hambone
05-09-10, 15:01

The cost
Tents 3 pppn

hi would like to come along . hambone

VAL. H.
05-09-10, 15:35
Hmm, Looks interesting. Can we bring the dog?

If so, can I provisionally book a slot for the camper with hookup please? two nights. I haven't told SWMBO about this one yet :augie

Val.

Definitely up for this one. we'll not be getting to site till mid evening Friday though.

Camper van with trailer & one or two bikes, oh! and the dog. Hookup would be good but not necessary. Breakfasts for two both days plus Sat evening meal. :thumb2 When do you want us to divie up?

Val.

Geriatric Germ
06-09-10, 15:43
Geriatric Gem :comfortand I will be there in Heidi Hymer (Corny or what?) with the obligatory little 'D' please and would like a hook up. :bow

SCP
06-09-10, 17:00
TrevTuck has just talked me in to it so I'm in 8-?

davidblythe
19-09-10, 18:15
Camping in November, got to be worth a laugh

one question being nobby no mates when it comes to knowing other GS owners, is this event purely for GS Riders or can other makes of bikes or BM's come too

abrasion
19-09-10, 18:33
Camping in November, got to be worth a laugh

one question being nobby no mates when it comes to knowing other GS owners, is this event purely for GS Riders or can other makes of bikes or BM's come too

Im sure we can allow the odd non official tosser to partake:D

Tarka
19-09-10, 20:27
Im sure we can allow the odd non official tosser to partake:D

Damn right,too. :rob

I aint got a GS no more,and I`ll be there. :rob

:D :D

Wberesford
19-09-10, 20:57
Hey Team,

Can you put my name down in pencil for this one please.....I haven't done one of these organised 'camps' before however, I am thinking that this could be 'hoofin'. Could do with a weekend of nothing but taking it easy, and genuinly enjoying things.

Cheers

WB

Tarka
19-09-10, 21:18
Hey Team,

Can you put my name down in pencil for this one please.....I haven't done one of these organised 'camps' before however, I am thinking that this could be 'hoofin'. Could do with a weekend of nothing but taking it easy, and genuinly enjoying things.

Cheers

WB

Send a PM off to Abrasion then. :thumb2

Be good to see you. :beerjug:

long-tall-round
26-09-10, 16:47
Can I bring the dog in his new converted glass top pannier??? Pics to follow.

simon.s
27-09-10, 21:13
hi is there still room for two more tents??cheers

abrasion
27-09-10, 22:01
Can I bring the dog in his new converted glass top pannier??? Pics to follow.

Well bhaved dogs are welcome:thumb2

abrasion
27-09-10, 22:02
hi is there still room for two more tents??cheers

Certainly is , feel free to join us :beerjug:

Batfink
03-10-10, 21:21
Looks like it could be a good weekend, just PM'd you.

Cheers

Batfink :beerjug:

Nudibranch
04-10-10, 19:14
Sorry if my first post is not in the correct forum, however, .....

Camping in November seems like a remarkably crazy thing to want to do, so Mrs Nudibranch and I are keen to join in the fun and meet other 'Tossers', if there is room for one more tent and a GSA?

Hopefully have sent pm re. payment.

Toad
04-10-10, 19:33
Sorry if my first post is not in the correct forum, however, .....

Camping in November seems like a remarkably crazy thing to want to do, so Mrs Nudibranch and I are keen to join in the fun and meet other 'Tossers', if there is room for one more tent and a GSA?

Hopefully have sent pm re. payment.

What a great way to kick-off:beerjug:

You should have been at the do last Jan.....That was cold......

http://toadnet.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/UKGSer/Shropshire-Bash-Jan-2010/DSC03516/777501696_327F3-XL.jpg

http://toadnet.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/UKGSer/Shropshire-Bash-Jan-2010/DSC03546/777526222_Pugnw-XL.jpg

Ash
04-10-10, 19:41

Just a tad :eek
even in the car :augie
bet you can't spot me.

JPR
04-10-10, 21:14

http://toadnet.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/UKGSer/Shropshire-Bash-Jan-2010/DSC03516/777501696_327F3-XL.jpg

http://toadnet.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/UKGSer/Shropshire-Bash-Jan-2010/DSC03546/777526222_Pugnw-XL.jpg

Ahhh Id almost forgotten.
Pic 2
Thats me far left,with Jayne explaining It would much safer if I carried on back home on my own.
Didnt mention till later she,d blagged a lift with Morticia.
The rest is history.
Book us in for this one.

Tarka
05-10-10, 05:24
Camping in November seems like a remarkably crazy thing to want to do, .

Not at all.....it`s merely the very start of the Winter rally season.

See you there. :thumb2

Coming to the Dragon Rally in February ? :augie

:D

jkclive1971
06-10-10, 19:26
Is the weather ok that weekend :Motomartin

Mr K
06-10-10, 19:28
Is the weather ok that weekend :Motomartin

If you're an alcoholic polar bear.

Buz
06-10-10, 19:30
Yeah, its gotta be a lovely weekend, they've picked the best one, ask Tarka :augie

jkclive1971
06-10-10, 19:49
If you're an alcoholic polar bear
that we Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Nudibranch
07-10-10, 19:27
The 'January Do' photos are impressively glacial Toad.

Mrs Nudibranch and I look forward to meeting you all soon. The colder the better!

Cheers.

markg0vbr
07-10-10, 20:48
illlllllllllll beeeeeeeeeeeee theeeeeeere , illllllllllllllllll be theeeeeeeeeeeere.
doing my opra worm up class from 5:30, :hide 3 mile run starts at 5:35 and can some one please leave there bike ideling to worm up for about twenty minuets on sunday morning about 7ish.:augie

shugie
07-10-10, 21:04
illlllllllllll beeeeeeeeeeeee theeeeeeere , illllllllllllllllll be theeeeeeeeeeeere.
doing my opra worm up class from 5:30, :hide 3 mile run starts at 5:35 and can some one please leave there bike ideling to worm up for about twenty minuets on sunday morning about 7ish.:augie

who was that plonker?

markoh
10-10-10, 13:54
Please add me, camping.

Cheers
Mark

Bobster
10-10-10, 13:59
I'm in.

techno
17-10-10, 19:43
Might be tempted if the Ural is back together by then. It likes the snow.

Tarka, bring the 'flying kit' :)

Bill-H
17-10-10, 22:08
Go on then, if I've got to.
Stick me down for everything.

landrover_dave
18-10-10, 05:37
Can you put me down for this weekend if there is still room! for one tent and one bike.
Thanks Dave.:clap

SamD
23-10-10, 13:33
Money sent :thumb

abrasion
23-10-10, 16:26
Thanks Sam

Paul is trying to sort out the direct payment link for me at present.
Going to take breakfast orders in the pub Fri / sat if possible to help the landlady with her planning. Have put your brekkie payments to one side to pay her for you
Ta:thumb

Buz
23-10-10, 16:38
Thanks Sam

Paul is trying to sort out the direct payment link for me at present.
Going to take breakfast orders in the pub Fri / sat if possible to help the landlady with her planning. Have put your brekkie payments to one side to pay her for you
Ta:thumb

Are the breakfasts Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun?
Let us know when you want notifying/payment :thumb2

Mr K
23-10-10, 16:40
Are the breakfasts Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun?
Let us know when you want notifying/payment :thumb2

I think breakfasts are pay as you go... but I've been wrong in the past..

:fnikefork

STUBBS
23-10-10, 18:53
I'm up for this one, cant very well say no this close to home :thumb2

Can i bag a camping area away from the noisey alcoholic snorers please? ooh, hang on a minute, that could be me :augie :blast

This is my 1st 'do' so can we have stickers? :clap

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k122/cpoc1/IMG_7605.jpg

Buz
23-10-10, 19:08
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k122/cpoc1/IMG_7605.jpg

Thanks Stubbs.....
Thats a lot better than "I'm a Virgin, break me in roughly" which i thought would get posted :D :thumb2

What is the bit top right of the pic?

Journeyman
03-11-10, 21:52
Space left for one more?

tent & bike

abrasion
04-11-10, 08:43
Space left for one more?

tent & bike

yep no probs.
pm sent. see you there.:thumb2

Bigdave
04-11-10, 13:21
Hi Abrasion, I'm hoping there are two more camping spaces for Dazchallenge and me for Friday and Saturaday night.

We are going to come down on Friday afternoon and have a ride over to Barmouth for a fish and chip lunch on Saturay if anyone is interested.

Will send money tonight.

Cheers, Dave

abrasion
04-11-10, 13:53
Hi Abrasion, I'm hoping there are two more camping spaces for Dazchallenge and me for Friday and Saturaday night.

We are going to come down on Friday afternoon and have a ride over to Barmouth for a fish and chip lunch on Saturay if anyone is interested.

Will send money tonight.

Cheers, Dave

See ya there :thumb2

tallgirl
05-11-10, 21:40
Hmm now where's all my camping gear?

Flipflop
05-11-10, 21:46
I'm in :thumb

Hmm now where's all my camping gear?

Hello Tallgirl, think we met at a bash earlier this year.. Its a bit old but I have a slightly battered Kyham, a ripped,scraggy ten year old double sleeping bag and a packet of soggy digestives to share with you if You like..??

tallgirl
05-11-10, 21:47
Hello Tallgirl, think we met at a bash earlier this year.. Its a bit old but I have a slightly battered Kyham, a ripped,scraggy ten year old double sleeping bag and a packet of soggy digestives to share with you if You like..??

Hmm sounds like an offer I can't refuse.....:augie

SamD
05-11-10, 21:49
Hmm sounds like an offer I can refuse.....:augie

No charge :thumb

tallgirl
05-11-10, 21:52

Very funny Sam

:jes

Flipflop
05-11-10, 21:53
Its all coming back to Me now, yes yes, I remember being rather taken by Your stature and let Me right now apologise for dribbling into Your clevage while we were chatting ok...
Shall I bring the pot noodles or will You..??

tallgirl
05-11-10, 21:57
Its all coming back to Me now, yes yes, I remember being rather taken by Your stature and let Me right now apologise for dribbling into Your clevage while we were chatting ok...

You might have to fork out for a little more than a pot noodle sweetie.....:eek:

brassmonkey001
05-11-10, 21:58

You are Thunder and I claim my 5. :D

Flipflop
05-11-10, 22:00

Oh dear Sam, dont know how I included You, sorry. But if you like You can join Us ok, I have the dog quilt thats been in the porch for several months and an old pillow from the spare bed (it has a slight black sheen to it but good to go...) that you can use yeah..????

Flipflop
05-11-10, 22:05
You might have to fork out for a little more than a pot noodle sweetie.....:eek:

Why..?? are you posh..?? cant remember much about you but do remember you going mine sweeping for drinks after the bar closed.... remember..??

tallgirl
05-11-10, 22:06
Ha I have been here ages and still not managed to get a double quote in you are clever, if not the best house keeper out there.

Sam it's Ok I won't get you in trouble with the Mrs, she might kill me

Hmm Mine sweeping no I remember very little after the Whisky bottle finished if that was you.....

Toad
05-11-10, 22:14
Ha I have been here ages and still not managed to get a double quote in you are clever, if not the best house keeper out there.

Hmm Mine sweeping no I remember very little after the Whisky bottle finished if that was you.....

That's it. You're not allowed out on your own again :D

Flipflop
05-11-10, 22:15

Ah yes, the whisky bottle episode.... both expression and mind went a little blank after that mighty fine bottle of single malt. Did You ever retrieve your flat bottomed shoe from thats cows bottom...???? The look on that cows face I tell You........................... ;)

tallgirl
05-11-10, 22:16
That's it. You're not allowed out on your own again :D

But thats not fair...

I will behave honest:D

tallgirl
05-11-10, 22:18
Ah yes, the whisky bottle episode.... both expression and mind went a little blank after that mighty fine bottle of single malt. Did You ever retrieve your flat bottomed shoe from thats cows bottom...???? The look on that cows face I tell You........................... ;)

Ok now I think you must have been on some thing a little illegal recently, I think you need to stop smoking the wacky stuff my dear boy....:eek:

Now enough hijacking someone elses thread!

Toad
05-11-10, 22:19
But thats not fair...

No.

Just one rule. Be in Bed by 10.

And if you're not......go home :D

Flipflop
05-11-10, 22:29
But thats not fair...

Life's not fair Tallgirl at times,ok..

Shall We meet up there then..?? Can You make it that weekend..?? I promise to have a bath sometime this week and trim My beard so as to avoid hygene problems ok, oh and pending I can get a multi dog sitter also.....
So looking forward to next weekend now................ Bye Tallgirl

tallgirl
05-11-10, 22:30
No.

Just one rule. Be in Bed by 10.

And if you're not......go home :D

Ok but you never said I had to go to bed alone......:toungincheek

Buz
05-11-10, 22:32
Sounds like a date to me flip, how could Tallgirl refuse :nenau

Sorted :thumb2

Toad
05-11-10, 22:39

I'll interview for you once the line has formed .......:green gri

tallgirl
05-11-10, 22:47

I'll interview for you once the line has formed .......:green gri

Sounds like a plan but can I eliminate the less fit ones first, they need to be able to keep up you know, just because I can't always walk does not mean I don't have an appetite....:aidan

Flipflop
05-11-10, 22:53
Sounds like a plan but can I eliminate the less fit ones first, they need to be able to keep up you know, just because I can't always walk does not mean I don't have an appetite....:aidan

Appetite....???? So You are bringing pot noodles afterall.. Yippeeeeee...