Powerful enough?

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is a 54 reg 650 GS powerful enough to go two up touring with full luggage around the mountain passes of the Alps and the like? :nenau I have an 1150 and my son goes on the back of me and my wife has the 650. Our daughter is now old enough to go on the back of her and I'm a bit worried it'll be a bit gutless when it comes to some big hills. :rolleyes: Can someone with a bit of experience with a 650 GS put my mind at rest or should we be thinking of changing it for something with a bit more oomph? :nenau

Just how fast to you want to go with your daughter on the back?
Just thrash it and it'll be fine:thumb

powerful enough

My wife and i toured Corsica on a 650gs combined weight 24 stone plus luggage the bike performed well and we had a great time. We did a similar trip this year on a 1200 gs its similar to comparing a ford fiesta to a jaguar one will do everything but like a fiesta the other like a jaguar, you choose how you want to travel but a family adventure by bike or bikes will be amazing whatever you choose just enjoy ( i would be surprised if it was your last) Hope this helps K.B.

Just did a round of scottland, did fine 2 up, fully loaded, did the applecross pass etc, this was also on a restricted bike (33bhp) it was fine, on flat's get's upto about 80mph and going up hills starts to struggle at about 55-60 when over taking, but just rev it in first and second and you'll do fine.

Just get on it and ride it, bum might be abit sore tho

It'll do it no problem :thumb2

The engine has more than enough torque to get itself up some pretty steeps hills, even fully loaded.

Back
Top Bottom