i require your help

pj8332

Reaction score
hello all,

i require you help, i have just signed up to the nine day charity ride for august 2011 for the barry sheene 7 clic sargent memorial ride.

i will need to raise almost £3000 pounds so your help will be needed and appreciated.

if you can donate http://www.justgiving.com/Paul-Jones8332

many thanks in anticipation

cheers

pj

With due respect , I think you might need to get a bit better known in here before people are likely to hand over the contents of their wallets to you....

With due respect , I think you might need to get a bit better known in here before people are likely to hand over the contents of their wallets to you....

I concur.

To stand a chance, the other information that is essential is an undertaking that all funds donated will go to the charity and that all expenses e.g. fuel, ferries etc will be met by those seeking sponsorship. As well as a justgiving link the OP should give a link to the actual event website.

No dount the OP is genuine. However, recently, I had to go against the grain at work because a colleague wanted sponsorship for his adult son to complete a "charity" walk in Africa. It transpired that the walk was a jolly operated by a commercial outfit with a small consideration going to the charity. I've done the same thing when people have asked for sponsorship to do a parachute jump. Pay the fees themselves and I'll donate, if they want to collect £150 to give £50 to charity then they can get lost.

Help the guy out lads.

Hi Paul

I took part in the challange last year to mugello and it was a fantastic experience and for me totally unforgettable.

just to inform you all that "C.L.I.C" stands for cancer & leukaemia in children,
supporting children,young people and there familes through cancer.

By donating through " just giving " all donations go directly to the charity.

My best wishes go to you paul, and you will have a great time on the challange,and good luck on your fundraising.

donation sent

David :)

Sorry, but I must confess that I'm not a big fan of these sorts of fund-raising efforts.

You're not raising £3000 for CLIC as out of that come all the costs for your 9 day holiday to the GP.

If you were paying all your own expenses, and the cash was going to CLIC then I would support it, but as it stands it does seem a bit like you're asking for a subsidy for your holiday.

Your registration fee for the 9 day ride is £195 and in addition, the minimum sponsorship to raise for CLIC Sargent is £2750. Your ferry tickets, accommodation, breakfast and evening meals during the ride, tour leader, support van, GP ticket and route planning/map costs are all included in your minimum sponsorship; all you have to pay for is your spending money, fuel, insurance, drinks and any meal costs on your departure days.

What the amphibious one said....

I took part in the challange last year to mugello and it was a fantastic experience and for me totally unforgettable.
That's good to know, but I'm left wondering why I should sponsor someone's holiday?

I may have misunderstood, but you're asking for sponsorship for your holiday? Anying you raise over around £3000 will go to charity?

Whilst i appreciate the great work these guys do ..... this does seem like a con to me........ you pay £195, we pay the rest, you get a cracking holiday (come on its not exactly painful or a challenge is it) and the charity gets the change...... ummmmmmmm!

Your registration fee for the 9 day ride is £195 and in addition, the minimum sponsorship to raise for CLIC Sargent is £2750. Your ferry tickets, accommodation, breakfast and evening meals during the ride, tour leader, support van, GP ticket and route planning/map costs are all included in your minimum sponsorship; all you have to pay for is your spending money, fuel, insurance, drinks and any meal costs on your departure days.

What the amphibious one said....

A 'please' wouldn't have gone amiss neither :nenau

"I require your help...." sound more like a command to me :nenau
:beerjug:

I'm happy to donate to charity and the charity here is a good one I am sure.

But as said this seems like a cheap holiday opportunity. And I don't see what is the challenge here to deem worthy of sponsorship.. you get to ride to the Czech Republic, so what! What is the achievement worth sponsoring in that?

Why not cut all this jolly-up crap out. You might as well get sponsored to go down the shops for 20 Regal and there'd be nothing skimmed off for some tour operator spiv there.

Back
Top Bottom