R1200GS Servicing Near Romania

KevinW

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My Google mojo has deserted me this morning. I'm trying to find somewhere I could get our R1200GS serviced not too far from Curtea-de-arges in Romania.

I don't suppose there's a Garmin POI file for dealers on the continent somewhere is there?

It's my own stupid fault. We're leaving for Romania on Thursday and we were going on a different bike. We've made a last-minute decision to take the GS but it's 1700 miles from needing a service. I confess that it wouldn't normally bother me too much if a service was late but Motorradd breakdown insurance seems rather hot on servicing at the correct intervals and I'd hate for us to be broken down in Eastern Europe somewhere with them not playing because we'd missed a service by a thousand miles or so.

I've tried our local dealer but, as I suspected, they're fully booked.

Thanks.

Kevin

service in romania

Automobile Bavaria - Bucureşti Pipera

Showroom BMW Motorrad
Şos. Pipera – Tunari nr. 1E, Voluntari, Ilfov – Bucureşti

Telefon:
+40 31 620 10 71
+40 31 620 10 72

Fax:
+40 31 620 10 73

Mobil:
+40 724 382 546

E-mail: motorrad@automobilebavaria.ro

Thank you both.

The Brasov establishment would have been ideal as that's where we were planning to go from Curtea de Arges but unfortunately the motorcycle mechanic is on holiday.

We think we're booked into the one in Bucharest but while their English is much better than our non-existent Romanian we have a horrible feeling they think we just want an oil change rather than a full service. SWMBO has a Romanian colleague who will be back in tomorrow We're going to ask her for a Romanian translation of what we want done (20,000 kilometre service) and them email it to the dealer.

Motorradd breakdown have said we'll be OK up to a 1000 miles or 1 month over the scheduled service interval, whichever comes first, which gives us a bit more leeway if required. The Hungarian dealers we tried were either full or didn't speak English so we may detour back to Germany if necessary or we may just take the 1400GTR.

Kevin

Zagreb, Croatia

there is a BMW main dealer in Zagreb. Pm Danilo of this parish. He may be able to help. Lots of English speakers in that country. Probly slightly closer that Germany. :augie

regards,

Path

[nods] The bike is in there now and when I dropped it off this morning customer service was excellent.

Kevin

... a bit cheaper than uk

First time I've had the GS serviced but £191.64 for a 12k miles service seemed pretty good to me!

I'd certainly recommend them to anyone down this way who needs a service.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom