2nd Nurburgring Nordschleife weekend dash

GunZenBomZ

Reaction score
Okay just sending out feelers for this,...

29th-30th Aug

Nurburgring2.jpg

Primary plan = Dash sunday morning chunnel 1:15am crossing. Arrive & continue all the way with necessary breaks/fuel stops too Germany. Arrive late morning, get rested & grubbed up.

Have the afternoon to clock up 4-8 laps of Nordschleife (22euro per lap/ 4-laps 66euro etc). Ardennes region has loads of good roads also..

Head into Belgium to wild-camp the evening(prefer bivy bag - not tent). Back on sunday chunnel 10:00am, afternoon to get home & washed.

Cost approx £150. (Going for as cheap as possible so bit less probably, nice 60-65mph riding) Depending on fuel ecomomy of motorbike!

Anyone? Wanna join me

:eek

You will need your own euro-cover & travel cover (Both can be got from eurochunnel), sleeping bag, bivy bag (cover to keep dry if it rains) + high-vis <--. 1 Working motorbike, chilled attitude i'm not rushing there or back.

sunmonnordbooking1.png

nordschleifeundgpstreck.jpg

nordschleifegoogleearth.jpg

My previous route (played backwards)

http://www.spotadventures.com/trip/view?trip_id=218349

:thumb

I watched the first couple of laps of the Belgium F1 then cruised over to Germany. It rained... met Jim & Al (i think) @the ring. Both members of here, nice chit chat.

Ow on the way back had some lovely horizontal rain & gales as I came up over the back mountains of Luxembourg into France.

http://www.spotadventures.com/trip/view?trip_id=222837

Some footage will be shoved onto youtube in time.

One more trip coming late sept.

Hi
Don't think I'll be able to make it this year, but I've been to the Ring for the last 3 years. You'll have the life of your ride round it!

Have previously taken a leisurely route to / from the Ring - If you have time to avoid (some) motorways, I'd suggest you use the autoroutes from Calais to Tournai (just over the Belgian border), then come off the beaten track and head through Belgium and Luxemborg. Aim for the 410 (road) in Germany, which passes a town called Prum (where we've stayed in previous years).

The 410's a cracker, as are many roads in the region - I'm sure you'll have a good a time on the public roads as going roung the Ring.

Opinion is divided on the subject, but I also found it hugely useful in learning the corner sequence by driving the circuit on GT4/GT5 on my Playstation, for what must have been hundreds of laps beforehand - although the game doesn't give the sensation of the change in altitude the actrual track does.

The one downside I thought this brought to my actual riding experience was that it distracted me a bit: the recurring thought of 'Crikey - this is just like it is in the game!' came to me at virtually every corner...:blast

Have a great time - and post some photos once you're safely back!!!

Guy

PS:The link below could be useful - there are armies of private / professional photographers who post photos of people driving / riding round the Ring (with the intention of you buying something from them). The attached link is the best I've found, which lists virtually every website that posts these pics. Guess where my avatar came from...?

http://www.ringportal.nl/en/photography

err... just realised this was for a 2010 trip...:1/10

Back
Top Bottom