Problem with 660

Pazza87

Reaction score
I bought my 660 May last year and until last month I have not had a problem, in fact its been spot on with a few trips to Europe. However last month it just turned its self off when I was using it in the car, and when I turned it on again. It comes up with the Garmin logo, and then turns its self off. when its plugged into the PC it just keeping turning its self on and off.

I contacted Garmin with this issue they recommended a few thing to try. none of them worked. they then informed me that because it was over a year. I would have to pay £135 for a new one! so thats £450 for 15 months!!??

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!

Make sure you are running the latest software 3.90, as 3.80 had these random shut downs.

Also, try doing a Master Reset, as this helps clear down the memory and it helped fix a problem I was having. For more info see the Zumo Forums, as suggested above.

. I would have to pay £135 for a new one! so thats £450 for 15 months!!??

....If I could get a new 660 for £135, I would jump at it ..... I get your drift though, best of luck with the master reset:thumb

they recommended a few thing to try. none of them worked

It could helpful if you would post the things Garmin said to try, otherwise this is going to be long thread full of things you have already tried.

Thanks for the web site I'm looking on there, now I have been approved.

Garmin said to try updates and master restart. (holding bottom right of screen, while turning it on.)

I tried running updates, but when I connected it to my PC it just turns its self on and off.

I also tried the master restart, this also did not work for the same reason.

I think I might just have to pay the £135 and hope it doesn’t happen again. But its been a fantastic sat nav. Just hope the next one last a bit longer… If you have any more ideas let me know.:nenau

Thanks

You have not mentioned removing the battery. if you haven't tried this, turn off, take out the battery, wait 15 secs and put it back. It's sorted a few problems for me.

Also when you connect to PC are you connecting via a hub or direct to a USB port on the computer. Sometime a hub can cause problems. My Sony Reader turns off a few seconds after connecting it to my powered hub and neither my Zumo or Reader will charge via the usb port on my iMac USB keyboard.

bang

You have not mentioned removing the battery. if you haven't tried this, turn off, take out the battery, wait 15 secs and put it back. It's sorted a few problems for me.

Also when you connect to PC are you connecting via a hub or direct to a USB port on the computer. Sometime a hub can cause problems. My Sony Reader turns off a few seconds after connecting it to my powered hub and neither my Zumo or Reader will charge via the usb port on my iMac USB keyboard.

Mine played up for a while , garmin said they did have a glitch which was sorted with the new mapupload 2011 mapping , did it , no problems (June 2010)

Back
Top Bottom