Scotland..here I come!

steve'o

Reaction score
I have next week off work and have been granted a weeks pass from SWMBO.:bounce1. Finally going to get up to Scotland with the bike:beer:. A bit of wild camping mixed in with some camp-sites that I'll find as I go. Only a loose plan at the moment but does anyone have any "must see" recommendations?
If anyone else is heading up that way then please give me a shout.

Scotland

I would say the west side is more scenic and potentially better biking roads. Around Applecross is nice, if you don't like the weather hang about for 10 minutes, it's bound to change!!:flag

Glen Coe is always worth a visit. You can camp at the Red squirrel and party at the Clachade inn. You can then go up by Fort William and cut across along side the Caledonian canal and see if you can see Nessy eventually getting to Inverness where you can head down the east coast. You could go further north still but it depends on how much riding you want to do. Just been to Ullapool myself on my grand Scotland tour and the surrounding area is very nice with some great roads. Or you could go over the bridge to Skye. Either way put Glen Coe as a stop.

check out my vid on the 800gs page of a trip to sw scotland last week, galloway forest is a nice area to travel through either on the way up or on your return.

have a good one mate

I'll be heading up tomorrow (friday) for a long week, Scottish National Rally over the weekend then bimbling around the west for the next week.

Dave

Glen Coe is a must,as is the kyle of lochalsh and the isle of skye.

Have a good trip.

Ride safe.

Gary.

Its a top ride to Ardnamurchan point and the lighthouse. Well worth the trip.

Back
Top Bottom