Connectivity problem to PC

Poucher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just recently I've had a problem in that when I connect the 660 to the pc it doesn't recognize it as being connected, and it gives me a message saying that I need to do a software update on it - fair enough.

So when I connect to the Garmin Webupdater to do the update, it tells me there are no further updates available, and also it can't find the device ( the 660 ) it gives me a message saying there are no suitable devices connected and that I should set the 660 unit interface option to "Garmin" or "host"

Any idea where I can find the interface option on the unit for "Garmin" or "host" or even what the problem / fix is :(

I have a micro sd card in it and it can see that ok, so at the moment I'm sending routes to the F drive ( micro sd ) and then importing them in the unit to the 660's memory and that seems to work ok, I'm just puzzled as to why it can't detect the unit itself when connected??

Thanks for any help in advance,

Cheers,
Poucher

Hi - I had an identical issue with one of my original 660s - turned out in the end to be a poor USB connection from my Belkin USP multi port to the unit, any power glitches just throw the updates - got so bad at one point that it actually wiped all the maps form the unit and I had to rebuild. I managed to manually install the tiles into the garmin root directory - took ages but found the technical support team OK - they are open at 9 if your still stuck.

Quick update - My mate who is an IT guru managed to sort this out for me at the weekend, he did a master re-set, by switching the unit on whilst holding the right hand bottom corner of the screen, puts the unit back to factory settings or something and then connected it to the p.c. and webupdater and loaded ver 3.9 onto it.
The p.c. now see's the unit again so I can transfer files directly to it instead of the micro sd card :thumb

Only problem now is the sound has gone off when I plug my earphones into the loom, seems to be an intermittant fault, anyone else had problems with broken wires in the loom :nenau can't see any damage to it anywhere ?

Back
Top Bottom