new map update 2011.20 wont load

IainMac

Reaction score
Garmin have released city nav map update for europe ver 2011.20.
Unfortunately for me I cant get it to load the full mapset on my Zumo660 as it says theres insufficient space.
The one before previously loaded ok but now wont after I've buggered about loading part sets of 2011.20 (found I can only load 1 of the regions as subsequent attempts over write the 1st one).
All a bit of a Pishboiler and have left a support message with Garmin.
Anyone else had issues with this update or is it just me so far.
:confused:

Having gone from a 2610 to a 660 it all seemed an improvement...until ! you try to update the fekking thing. I wont buy another Garmin product because the software updates are farmed out to a bunch of ****wits. 12 months worth of updates aint worth shit anymore. But it will all be sorted out when the new 699 hits the shelf no doubt.

I have a 550 and the complete Europe maps will not install on the main memory. So what most have done is install NW Europe on the Zumo and then if they need the other maps of Eastern Europe they have installed these to the SD card from Mapsource, I believe.

I fairly sure I read on the Zumo forums that the complete set of maps will install on the 660, but you may have to do some clearing out of files first. As suggested in an earlier post, it is worth checking out the Zumo forums and asking the question there.

It does fit. It takes up a lot of room but it fits.

Maybe try factory resetting the Zumo and starting from scratch? Make sure to take your SD card out when doing any updates too.

Having gone from a 2610 to a 660 it all seemed an improvement...until ! you try to update the fekking thing. I wont buy another Garmin product because the software updates are farmed out to a bunch of ****wits. 12 months worth of updates aint worth shit anymore. But it will all be sorted out when the new 699 hits the shelf no doubt.

I've never had any problems updating the Zumo 660. I use the Webupdater, not the Garmin website, for firmware updates.

All the latest maps, 2Gb, fitted not problem, just followed the instructions :aidan

After raising a support call with Garmin we tried various file deletes from the zumos garmin folder but it all still ended with the mapinstall program reporting insufficent space, this was also done under a remote control citrix session with garmin uk.
Luckily I had installed the full mapset into mapsource so they resorted to doing the old style mapsource select all maps and transfer to device (after manually deleting the large mapfiles from the zumo) a few hours later and its now got the full 2011.20 europe mapset installed on to the zumo660.
They didnt know why the mapinstall program wouldnt work but the workaround sorted it.

Back
Top Bottom