Julias House - the Dorset Children's Hospice

Greggers

Reaction score
Wimborne: The centre of my known Universe.
logo.gif
wheelie.gif

It's definite, confirmed and going ahead!

I have booked the mighty, the legendary, the inimitable Austin Vince - the Gobfather of Overland Motorcycling - for an evening of motocycling musing mayhem and madness...

For those few of you who are not aware of him, well, If you went to see Charley Boorman's talkshow over the summer you won't be disappointed if you come and see Austin...! Be warned however that there are only a limited number of seats available, once they're gone they're gone ...

The venue is the deluxe and sumptuous setting of the Colehill Sports and Social Club which is just up the road from Wimborne down here in Dorsetshire, but it has a bar and I think can do a little food too, so you could always bring the other half as well and treat her to a night out.

There might be a little 'adult' humour involved, so if you are of a nervous or timid disposition, just come along anyway cos it'll be a reet laff ..

The event is being held to support Julia's House, the Dorset Children's Hospice, so don't be surprised if there's a collection bucket or two lurking around.

As there will be a charitable benefit coming from this I don't want anyone being tight and whinging about a ticket price of £7.50 per person (How much? Wasn't CB's show £20.00 a pop?? ) but paying on the door will cost you a tenner ...

So, get a note in your diary

NOVEMBER 9TH AT 7:30pm

which is a Tuesday, full venue details will be on the ticket.

Please feel free to email me at gregbaker@hotmail.co.uk for more info or via pm on the board...

See you there ... hopefully!

Greg

SMALLJHLOGO.jpg

registered charity no. 1067125

Silly not to really..

Greggers,, might need overnight accom,,,,,, coming alllllll the way from Allenview road.... How are we to pay for the tickets, to yourself or Julias House etc.. Ringing round to see if we can get more folks to turn up.. This guy is a real scream,,, saw him first at the touratech bash in Wales... not for the faint hearted,,or shy - of which there are many on here ,cough, lololol..

Joe C

I'm up for this, Terra Circa and Mondo Enduro were superb and he's a very funny guy.

Thanks for organising this Greg.

Holaaa gents!

Well, things seem to be going ok here.

If anyone wants tickets, then please PM or mail me - gregbaker@hotmail.co.uk.

Payment methods:

by cheque payable to: M G Baker
Posted to: 119 Lonnen Road, Colehill, Wimborne, Dorset BH21 7AU

or Paypal to: mistergeee@hotmail.com

Advance Ticket price is £7.50 per body + 50p postage (X£7.50+50p)
or if you fancy your chance on the night it'll be £10.00 but dependant on space!

In either event PLEASE DON'T FORGET YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS.

See you all on the night!

Greg

How do we know who's a UKGser and who isn't should we have a secret code or som'in:confused:

secret squirrel over

Thanks both

Thank you Austin Vince and thank you Gregg.
Between the two of you it was a superb evenings entertainment.:clap:clap:clap

I hope Julia's House did well from it.

Noo.

Thank you Austin Vince and thank you Gregg.
Between the two of you it was a superb evenings entertainment.:clap:clap:clap

I hope Julia's House did well from it.

Noo.

I second that! It was a great evening indeed and I'm glad I went. The only bit I didn't like was some of his views on the Long Way Round, but he's entitled to his opinions. On the whole I had a damn good laugh.:thumb

I second that! It was a great evening indeed and I'm glad I went. The only bit I didn't like was some of his views on the Long Way Round, but he's entitled to his opinions. On the whole I had a damn good laugh.:thumb

I'll third that:thumb fanstastic evening Cheers Gregers and Vince ( top chap )

p.s bloody hell Greg that's been a few years then since the model shop:eek:

Cheers Duncan

Heyy ... I'm glad it all worked out in the end - everyone seemed to have had a good evening by the smiles and handshakes at the end ...

I've still got to sort out the money, but I think Julias House will benefit by well over £500.00 from all our efforts ... I'll post final figures in due course.

Thanks to all who came - and especially Paddy who came down all the way from Birmingham then spent the night rough camped somewhere in the Forest on his way back ... TOP MAN!

All the best

Greg

Back
Top Bottom