High Cold Idle speed

Deleted account S A

Reaction score
Hello All, I have recently bought a F650GS Dakar twin spark 2004 with 19000 miles, The first few days of ownership all was fine but now have a problem on start up, I carry out the correct proceedure for start up as recommended in the owners hand book but my bike idles at 3200 rpm for 5- 10 seconds then rests at the correct revs of 2000-2200rpm until if warms up and drops to the correct 1500 rpm, The high revs worry me as this can cause early engine wear. Is this correct on start up or do i have a problem with the FI system, Please help as i love this bike, regards

Hello All, I have recently bought a F650GS Dakar twin spark 2004 with 19000 miles, The first few days of ownership all was fine but now have a problem on start up, I carry out the correct proceedure for start up as recommended in the owners hand book but my bike idles at 3200 rpm for 5- 10 seconds then rests at the correct revs of 2000-2200rpm until if warms up and drops to the correct 1500 rpm, The high revs worry me as this can cause early engine wear. Is this correct on start up or do i have a problem with the FI system, Please help as i love this bike, regards

I have since carried out a control unit re-set and this may have worked, so far 2 days and ok

Not being funny mate but do yourself a favour, How long did it take to read the owners manual ????
Take 5 minuites ..use the search button on here and you will be a happy bunny..

What it all turned out to be was my oxygen sensor was up the creak, I also had a problem with glowing bright red header pipe when the bike was on cold start, All fixed now, starts up just above 2000rpm and no sighs of any exhaust glow, Just in time for the coming summer,:hug

Back
Top Bottom