Desert Rose level 2

bodge it

Reaction score
Just done the Desert Rose level 2 course last Friday and Saturday, also booked myself in for the Hafren rally on the Sunday, following the two training days. The logic being that if I survived the two day training course I could try it all out on the Rally.

I class myself as a typical muppet off road "all the gear and no idea" sums me up perfectly. Until that is I spent 2 days with Zippy (Desert Rose chief instructor). I was expecting to be terified by massive drop off's and hill climbs through mud, rocks and ruts.

His approach was completely different and focused on techinque, why the bike behaved or didn't in different circumstances, no scary bits. Slowly something in my head began to take it in and I started to understand what I was trying to achieve. It all gradually came together and we ended up doing scary bits that didn't seem scary anymore. In fact they became great fun to try out the things we had learnt.

I did the Hafren Rally the next day and I loved it, all the stuff that Zippy said just worked and there were no scary bits, just technical challenges.

I cannot speak highly enough of the whole setup with Desert Rose. If you have been like me, sort of frustrated that you're not as good as you want to be then I recomend this 2 day course. Its not scary, you do get pushed, you do get knackered, but its almost at a pace that creeps up on you without you knowing.

The course was in Leominster and can be found on

http://www.adventureridingacademy.com/

I haven't got shares in Desert Rose, its just one of the most enjoyable, useful off road training courses I've been on.

Back
Top Bottom