Potential New Owner...

mwrmoore

Hi

New here, so apologies for an ask on my first post. I'm really looking to rid myself of a ratty bandit and get a Tenere 660, BUT the damn dealers won't even start one for me leat alone ride one.

Is there any Wiltshire/Swindon based owners who would be gracious enough to let me hear, sit and if willing have a quick spin [pillion fine] to get a feel for it.

Here's hoping...

Cheers
Matt

Welcome to the site Matt :thumb

You may be as well to post the question in the 'regional' section as well... may get more replies .. Chilterns or South West may do it :thumb

Thanks will do, and hopefully i'll be joining the club for real on Sunday!

Hi Matt

I have one and if you are welcome to come and have a look , i'm just outside Bath
Paul

Hi Paul, hope you dont mind me asking as well but i am looking at a Tenere tomorrow. Its a 59 plate blue with a host of extra's.

As an owner perhaps you could give me your views?

whats the seat like for comfort?
tank range?
generally what are they like to live with, any tips/advice will be most welcome!

Steve.

Hi

The seat i find fine , it softens a bit over time, i can do 250-300 Miles and be comfortable no prob.

Tank Range

23 litre tank

Took to Morocco earlier this year , was getting about 65 MPG approx at around 60-65 mph,

23 litre tank so good for 280-300 mile roughly.

I really like mine , fitted a Adventure Spec bash plate guard combo to protect the exposed water pump. Modified the screen with an extender, made by Badger of this site , much better wind protection.

Cheap servicing , do it myself , oil changes every 6000 miles.

Parts cheapish ....

Updated the bars to Renthals, and fitted pannier frames and panniers too

I think it's a good overland bike, it's a single so not gonna win any races but it does what i need it to do , cheaply if you buy second hand.

Only other mod i would do is uprate the front springs as the stock are too soft, fit a set of Hyper pro progressives.

So all in all i think they are a good cheap dual purpose bike, still pretty heavy though for off road , but for travelling and the odd track, piste adventure i think its ideal..

Paul

Hi Paul, hope you dont mind me asking as well but i am looking at a Tenere tomorrow. Its a 59 plate blue with a host of extra's.

As an owner perhaps you could give me your views?

whats the seat like for comfort?
tank range?
generally what are they like to live with, any tips/advice will be most welcome!

Steve.

Hi

, BUT the damn dealers won't even start one for me leat alone ride one.

I find this with a lot of dealers, they refuse to let you try it unless your defiantly buying.

BMW always willing to lend a bike for a test ride :augie

Back
Top Bottom