Rode Heath - Cheshire Meet

Rushy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We met and we shall meet again!!!!!

Well it was short notice but thanks to Daz, Chris and Joe for turning up at the "Broughton Arms" in Rode Heath last Wednesday.

A few others expressed an interest in meeting later in the month. Some thought Mondays were good, some thought Wednesdays were good. So after a brief discussion Tuesday was settled on!

So here's the thing;

Regular meet.....
last Tuesday of every month....
at 7pm ( or thereabouts).........
Venue - Broughton Arms at Rode Heath ( for now )......

See you all on the 29th of June!!??

Ian

Thankyou Roger.........

Roger Walton said:
29th of June??? A whole years notice thats good of you

Obviously we all know that I meant Tues 27th JULY

Jeeezz Roger couldn't you tell??

Ian

PS Will we see you this month or next year?

Directions to Broughton Arms

From the NORTH take junction 17 of M6.........5+mins to pub...

Turn right onto A534 towards Sandbach.
After 1 mile you will arrive at a set of lights ...turn left onto A533
After 4 miles you will arrive in Rode Heath and the pub is 1/2mile into villlage on right hand side of the road.

OR....first get to Holmes Chapel then take the A50 south.
After approx 10miles you will enter the village of Rode Heath, keep an eye out for a right turn signposted Sandbach A533, ( if you get to a set of lights turn back, you've gone too far) , this will take you into the village and the pub will be on your left.
-------------------------

From the SOUTH take junction 16 of M6..........5+mins to pub...

From roundabout underneath M6 take the B5078 towards Alsager.
Take a right at the next T junction onto B5077 towards Alsager/Church Lawton.
Go through Alsager and turn left at 2nd set of lights onto A50 towards Sandbach/Holmes Chapel.
After 1/2 mile take a turning on the left, signposted Sandbach A533, will take you into village of Rode Heath and the pub will be on your left.
-----------------------------

From the WEST first get to Nantwich.........15+mins to pub......

Take the A500 from Nantwich towards Newcastle Under Lyme / Stoke...
After 10 mins/ 8 miles you will arrive at the roundabout underneath J16 of M6
Take the first exit ( B5078 ) towards Alsager and follow the directions mentioned in "from the SOUTH".

OR....... first get to Sandbach and then follow the directions from J17 of M6 as mentioned above in " From the NORTH"
--------------------------------

From the EAST if you can get to the A500 Nrth west out of Stoke heading towards Nantwich you should ............

Take the exit signposted A34 Newcastle/Talke and turn right (North) towards Talke/Church Lawton.
Go straight thru the next two sets of lights and you will find yourself on A50 heading towards Holmes Chapel slow down...
Look for left hand turn signposted Sandbach A533 ( its 1/2mile after the 2nd set of lights) and the pub will be in the village on your left .
--------------------------------
ALL PLEASE TAKE NOTE
There are two car parks either side of the pub. Just because you park in one without bikes in it does not mean there aren't a few other GSers already there but parked in the other car park.

Cheers, Ian

Re: Thankyou Roger.........

Rushy said:
Obviously we all know that I meant Tues 27th JULY

Jeeezz Roger couldn't you tell??

Ian

PS Will we see you this month or next year?

Seems like a plan, I apologise for the failure of my crystal balls i will have to get them serviced. So I will hopefully appear at the afore mentioned hostelry on the TWENTY SEVENTH OF THE SEVENTH MONTH OF THE YEAR TWO THOUSAND AND FOUR. XXVII/XII/MMIV . TWO WEEKS TOMORROW

Sorry can't make this one, give us a shout if you go for a Monday one month.

Will try..

Will try to make it.. will depend if the GS is fixed or not by then..

Hope it is..

So was it on this month?, got there at 9.30 could'nt see any GS's.

We missed you

Les Wassall said:
So was it on this month?, got there at 9.30 could'nt see any GS's.

Sorry we just missed you. 2 of us turned up ( 3 counting my girlie) and we left around 9.15 to 9.30pm.

A few more of us and we would have been there a bit longer. But Les turned up from Flint and I had been ill most of the day so didn't feel too great.

Sorry Les. Thanks for calling by.

I should have put a reminder on the board and maybe a few more would've turned up. My fault.
Ian

Sorry I wasn't there lads, I had to work. I was hoping to get there for 8.30 but the job took longer than I thought. Hope to see you on Aug. 31st or maybe this Sunday if you're doing the Horseshoe Pass ride.

Cheers Daz. :whip

Re: We missed you

Rushy said:
Sorry we just missed you. 2 of us turned up ( 3 counting my girlie) and we left around 9.15 to 9.30pm.

A few more of us and we would have been there a bit longer. But Les turned up from Flint and I had been ill most of the day so didn't feel too great.

Sorry Les. Thanks for calling by.

I should have put a reminder on the board and maybe a few more would've turned up. My fault.
Ian

No prob's try to make it earlier next time.

Back
Top Bottom