My XTZ Super Tenere

Timolgra

reformed
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
No not one of those new fangled things, an XTZ750.

Always fancied one and when this came into my hands it wasn't running right, so I overhauled the carbs with new emulsion tubes, needles, jets, O rings and inlet rubbers etc. and today took her for a spin today.

It's running sweet as a nut now, possibly not as good a bike overall as my last Africa Twin but a much smoother engine, great fun to ride and much cheaper.

Now the dilema, sell it 'cos I'm skint or keep it as my work bike for winter?
Decisions, desicions:D

1053254760_T9LVW-XL.jpg

The brakes are a bit of a suprise compared to the GS but the exhaust sounds great so who cares:)
1053259272_FYnAj-XL.jpg

loverly bikes those and that looks like a fair example:thumb2

very underrated and that engine has got a bit more go that the @T:)

Tenere

You taken it off road yet?

You taken it off road yet?

Not yet, I have some better tyres to fit first.
I've ridden one offroad before and they seem fairly capable, perhaps a bit soft on the suspension as standard though.

The engines good, nice and soft at low revs but at 5k rpm takes off much better than an AT...........I have a TDM 850 which is much faster but it's too good a bike to use as a doner for the engine.:)

Not yet, I have some better tyres to fit first.
I've ridden one offroad before and they seem fairly capable, perhaps a bit soft on the suspension as standard though.

The engines good, nice and soft at low revs but at 5k rpm takes off much better than an AT...........I have a TDM 850 which is much faster but it's too good a bike to use as a doner for the engine.:)

Have a read of TBM this month (oct) bit of a write up on the old uns

Well I sold it:blast

But have this one:bounce1 which is in fantastic condition, new tyres, discs, battery, plastics in great nick etc etc.
Just been for a spin and would say it's more comfy than an AT but for me could do with a taller screen so I'll look into that:)

I've given it the ACF50 treatment and have to decide whether to keep it as my winter bike.....or not:nenau:confused:
1074464678_XqxVk-XL.jpg

1074466206_mU6tQ-XL.jpg

If I do keep it, I'd seriously consider using this one for next years trip around Iceland if not the KTM 640ADV:eek:
1074469127_KF9Ej-XL.jpg

Nice:thumb
1074467583_xyqky-XL.jpg

Will do soon as I've sorted insurance but no 'lights out and lying on the floor' please:thumb

My first bike. Quite a baptism of fire after doing my CBT etc on a Honda CG125. Dealer wouldn't let me test it. Just as well as I dropped it at the first 'Stop' junction 'cos I thought I was still on the CG and didn't plant my feet wide enough! Replaced it with an Africa Twin after commuting into London on it for two years. Happy days.

Richard

I'd quite like one the same as I had when they first came out. Best colour scheme, but would need better brakes.

XTZ750.jpg

Back
Top Bottom