Arms madness continues

Amusing that the US sought permission from Saudi Arabia's only obvious enemy in the region (apart from their own population and the slave workers) Israel to go ahead with the deal

What ,,Exactly ,, do you see as immoral ,or mad about this.
Saudi , is a entitled to its defence ,
The US is entitled to sale the Goods ,
Your sitting over there , taking the Saudi penny ,without any qualms , and they have to be one of the
most corrupt ,sickening societies in the world.
Maybe , if you werent so Judgemental Bin ,it would be easier to swallow ?.

Civ, if you don't think spending that kind of money on ways to kill people is immoral and mad, I do. I work in food industry here, company founded with Norn Iron partners. Hardly taking the shilling. Sorry.

Civ, if you don't think spending that kind of money on ways to kill people is immoral and mad, I do. I work in food industry here, company founded with Norn Iron partners. Hardly taking the shilling. Sorry.

Self defence is neither "Immoral nor Mad. Unless your a poor old
roman catholic priest , that is guilty , "Cos Bin Lid says so " most of them
cant defend themselves against keyboard warriors sitting in Saudi .
Make no Mistake Bin ,old bean , the weapons are as much ,if not more
for your protection , the fact that your even there , on Holy ground is
enough. Your taking the Arab Penny / Shilling ,like it or not in support
of their sick society , you seem to pick and choose , whats right and
wrong in Bins world.. Maybe you should spend more time in
Christendom , , then you might not throw stones ,just as quick..

Self defence is neither "Immoral nor Mad. Unless your a poor old
roman catholic priest , that is guilty , "Cos Bin Lid says so " most of them
cant defend themselves against keyboard warriors sitting in Saudi .
Make no Mistake Bin ,old bean , the weapons are as much ,if not more
for your protection , the fact that your even there , on Holy ground is
enough. Your taking the Arab Penny / Shilling ,like it or not in support
of their sick society , you seem to pick and choose , whats right and
wrong in Bins world.. Maybe you should spend more time in
Christendom , , then you might not throw stones ,just as quick..

I take it the Buncrana senior citizens annual bus pilgrimage to Mecca is off this year :augie
Riyal...Riyal...sorry to hear that :rolleyes:

Civ,
I assume you have spent some time here to have gained your rich insight into the society? Can you tell us more about it please?
Maybe you missed my earlier thread with link to article about the same americans selling arms to Israel? Equally immoral.
Eisenhower said the Military Industrial complex in US had to be controlled - he learned this during the Gary Powers / U2 incident in 1960 when he was totally set up and an end to the cold war was spannered. Sadly for many, but happily for the industrialists, this has yet to happen.
Better to stay on topic and to stay away from personal slagging.
Bin

Last edited:
Thanks Bin. When civils medication is not full strength he has a personal poke at me and my business. Who has the pop corn ? :augie

I work in food industry here, company founded with Norn Iron partners. Hardly taking the shilling. Sorry.

Not sure why you're still hanging on in there, you've got to earn a crust but if you feel so bad about the set up then why not leave?

As for taking the shilling, do you not see any further than the man who signs your cheque?

Whatton,
some misunderstanding there of what I said, I think.

I am very proud to work in the company here, for various reasons. We produce healthy nutrition and are held in high esteem locally.

Saudi Arabia has many negative points without a doubt. Having a religion as a political system is not the best idea, in my opinion. And yes, I do have to close my eyes to many facts of life here, child weddings for example. Nothing I can do will change any of this. I do take responsibility to be an upright employee and representative of Irish people in my small way.

My intention in this thread and the other thread was to highlight the immorality of the arms deals that are being done here. America seems to feed world conflict. As you will know, Al Qaeda has roots in the Taliban who were supported by America to defeat the Russians in Afghanistan. Later, OBL got more support when the Americans came to Saudi to expel Saddam from Kuwait. How did Saddam get to be so powerful? He was built up by the Americans to resist the Iranians in what was described as the war no-one wanted to end.

If the effort that goes into arms development and sales went into education and development, the world could be a better place.

Sermon over.

Have a nice day.

Bin

If only UK manufacturing could sell goods to the value, to exceed $60 billion in just one deal :eek

Hey we didnt do too badly out of the Al Yamammah Project

"BAE Systems, said in August 2005 that BAE and its predecessor had earned £43 billion in twenty years from the contracts and that it could earn £40 billion more.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-1>[2]</SUP> It is Britain's largest ever export agreement, and employs some 5,000 people in Saudi Arabia."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Yamamah_arms_deal

The crowd in Madison Square gardens
break into song...

"can you hear the civil sing...no...no...
can you hear the civil sing...no...no...
can you hear the civil sing
I cant hear a feckin thing"

BREAKING NEWS.....
Billie was last night seen attending seven o'clock
mass in a full burka, civil was also seen sporting a
nice new skull cap with a rolled up carpet under
his right arm and a compass in his left hand.

Back
Top Bottom