950SM final drive issue

Tobers

Reaction score
The chain was looking a bit dry. I put a bit of oil on it and it's OK now. Took 5 mins.

The chain was looking a bit dry. I put a bit of oil on it and it's OK now. Took 5 mins.

What sort of oil are you using? I use something called Wurth Chain Lube which seems to work really well. Apparently it has anti-fling qualities (whatever that is?) all I know is it helps my SMR accelerate like a scalded cat :thumb2

I hope this helps

I use Castrol gear oil dispensed from a wee oil can with a long spout and a pushy button thing. It penetrates well, better than those waxes i think. Still on the original chain and sprockets after 20,000 miles and it looks like it will go a lot longer.

The oil does fling off a bit but I just use a rag with WD40 to clean the rear wheel after the first ride following oiling the chain.

Bit of Play or am I Paraniod

Hi Guys

Only a 1000 miles on my SMT:JB:JB:JB Had Two GS1200 Prev.... Felt the need to Grab back wheel and give it a Good Shoogle to my utter Dis-belief I felt Movement:mad::mad::mad: I then fell off my seat spilt a good 10 year old Malt and Remembered.... I no longer have the Tractor:clap:clap i now ride a real bike:JB:JB:JB

Regards RB

It's not just a SM issue either, my 990 Adventure suffers from the exact same symptoms. I'm getting utterly sick and tired of having to spend 2 minutes every 1000 miles topping up my Scottoiler...........

Back
Top Bottom