How to insure an "Exotic" thumper

Magwych

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In an extreme frevant fit of Francophilia we set our minds on a Sherco 4.5i-F for me, and a 3.0i-F for Jackie.

Now that Jackie's bike has turned up at the dealer we have the fun of arranging insurance to get it registered...

We have not yet anyone that lists the Sherco 3.0i-F, of those that we contacted and were prepared to quote, they offered Third Party Only, or TPF&T with a large premium and an insistence on a ground anchor and chain.

We realise this is going to take of phoning around to get someone prepared to offer a realistic quote. There are a lot insurance companies out there, can anyone suggest some likely starting points based on previous experience of trying to insure something a bit less mainstream?

Carole Nash have always been fine with my oddbod and modified bikes over the years. :thumb2

The actual insurance company usually ends up being Equity Red Star but the premiums and associated package is always better via Carole Nash than attempting to deal direct with Equity Red Star themselves.

Same experience as Tarka, I have my 660 Rally insured through Carole Nash and ultimately Equity Red Star - :thumb

Exotic, Sherco..... is that an oximoron?:D

Try the ebike route.
I am very surprised that a euro bike is not listed on insurance databases.

T.

My G450X was insured with Bennetts for parked on the road with no locks or security measures (They are not fitted with an ignition switch either) GBP75/PA Fully comp protected NCB.

Yes I did lock it with an Almax to a ground anchor but it was not declared. Exotic maybe not but it was brand new so still worth taking.

Carole Nash say they can't quote for a Shreco 3.0i-F. Not on their system.

Three of my bikes aren`t on their 'system' either.

They referred them to Equity Red Star in order to get my quote.

In one instance I emailed a photo and a manufacturer`s website link.

Have you asked about them referring your bike ?

Back
Top Bottom