What to watch for !!!

Dibs

Reaction score
Spotted this new van outside Limerick to day , One of several it had "KY" reg but My flash seemed to blind the reg .
Notice the extension on thev top left , there seem to to be three lenses in the right window .

Now you know what to look for

I'd say that pic is one of the older garda vans....the new ones have markings on them. Don't they????? :nenau

say the lad in the back that van was wondering what the fook when taking the pic.

cheers least have idea what to look for

Have now seen four more all different colours all with "10" KY" reges. All are brand new and based around Listowel apparently , will seek out their lair next time I'm down that way

Camoflage

Is there any covering besides the obvious black bin bag that can be put on a number plate to impede the cameras. Rumours about clear varnish and suck like abound but does it work?
BF

Is there any covering besides the obvious black bin bag that can be put on a number plate to impede the cameras. Rumours about clear varnish and suck like abound but does it work?
BF

What's the number of your bike?
I'll put your number on mine & test the stuff. :thumb

For what its worth, informed today by a " reliable source" that the new Gatso vans cannot get motorbikes .....they shoot from your front only.

Now don't "shoot" me if that's wrong :blast...but the information is very reliable....:bobby, if you get what I mean

That's because it doesn't work I took a photo of a treated plate and it came out grand JJH

For what its worth, informed today by a " reliable source" that the new Gatso vans cannot get motorbikes .....they shoot from your front only.

Now don't "shoot" me if that's wrong :blast...but the information is very reliable....:bobby, if you get what I mean

the operator can look out the front and make a note of your reg

If you were caught speeding (seems unlikely) I believe that you have to be sent a Notice of Intended Prosecution, within 14 days. By law you have to respond. NOIP is not sent out by recorded delivery. If you do not receive NOIP/Summons you can not be prosecuted. In theory at some stage a uniform policeman or civi enforcement officer will have to visit you personally. You would be amazed how easy it is to end up on the too hard to do pile. In my experience avoidance is much better than lies. If you say your mate from France was riding the bike, at the time the offence committed, it is a very good way of ending up with a short sharp shock. Alternatively, pay the fine and take the points. BUt that would be too easy wouldn't it. I don't actually agree with speeding but we all make mistakes and lets face it it is just another tax.

Back
Top Bottom