JC Exhausts

Very nice and much cheaper than a set of Ackra's. :thumb2

Have you an (Ackra) re map installed as your running with the baffles out or have you just left the standard map on?

Also how do you like the SMT? and what's the fueling like now?

Just curious as I sold my 08 990 Adv a few months back as I couldn't get on with the jerky FI below 4k rpm. Replaced it with the 950 carb version which fuels perfectly. :thumb

no, I haven't installed the akro map yet, I think the bike is running well with the standard map and I want to keep the mpg acceptable - it only dropped 2 mpg with the cans on and baffles out. I've heard 35mpg is an average with the akro map :eek:
I'll check to make sure its not running too lean.
Might be my imagination or maybe I'm just getting used to the throttle but it does seem smoother (also just had first service).
Luvin the SMT, its so light and flickable :JB, especially compared to my GS

Interesting Dave. :)

Had the ackras and map on my 990 when I bought it. But dear god the fuel consumption resembled that of a rampant alcoholic on speed! :beer::beer::beer: (try sub 30mpg if you ride energetically and it's hard not too...:eek:)

Changed back to the standard mapping and it improved the consumption a bit with no loss in performance. My friendly Katoom dealer advised me to leave the baffles in mind otherwise it might run too lean.

Check out Orange Crush on Adv Rider and the KTM UK Forum as the jury appears to be out on this theory. :nenau

The SMT looks a sweet bike and am glad that the flaky FI seems to be improved on later bikes. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom