Pre-bakery ride out 12 december. hants/wilts.

Losttheplot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I really need to get out and do a bit of a reccy for the bakery ride out on the 28th December.

I have a route in mind, but recently a lot of the tracks on salisbury plain have been graded off, meaning flat with no ruts.:blast

So a little more investigation is required to make sure things remain "entertaining" for the 28th!

Meeting point is here:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=441987&y=129265&z=120&sv=441987,129265&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=573&ax=441987&ay=129265&lm=0

Meet 8.30am for 9.00am start.

The first few trails will be at a steady pace. There will be plenty of oportunities to go nutty once out on the 'plain :D

Surely a better alternative to christmas shopping??:aidan

Nathan

Sounds good, lets hope its a bit warmer than this weekend was. See you there. David (Xchallenge)

Oh yes. I need some help sorting route for the novices. See you on the 12th Nathan

Hello there, What sort of bikes are you all on?
Is it a trail or is there an open area of land?
How many are expected to ride?
Why is it called pre-bakery?
Can I come?

Hello there, What sort of bikes are you all on?
Is it a trail or is there an open area of land?
How many are expected to ride?
Why is it called pre-bakery?
Can I come?

Bikes: Predominantly pogo's (trail or enduro bikes)

Numbers: I haven't got a limit in mind, if the group gets big, then we will use the "drop off" system to ensure everyone keeps moving...

Pre-bakery?: I'm riding to check out the route i intend using for this: http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245582

Can you come?? of course :)

Nathan

Keen to come - okay on an 800GS w standard tyres?

I'm on an 800GS but hybrid tyres (battlewings) only - not knobbies - but very keen to come. Have done plenty of off road stuff on a small Yamaha in Oz with off road tyres, though, but this would be my first time on the big bike. Would the trail be okay with this set up? Any advice appreciated lads.
Cheers,
Jon.

I'm on an 800GS but hybrid tyres (battlewings) only - not knobbies - but very keen to come. Have done plenty of off road stuff on a small Yamaha in Oz with off road tyres, though, but this would be my first time on the big bike. Would the trail be okay with this set up? Any advice appreciated lads.
Cheers,
Jon.

Whoops - actually wanted this enquiry to go on the Pre-bakery forum for the 28th - not this weekend - sorry :)

Well it looks like the ground frost has started lifting nicely.:augie

Should make things nice and slippery for tommorrow if it carries on like this :D

Will see you all in the morning!.

Nathan
zero seven nine six eight one two one zero seven zero

i was out today on some local lanes in berkshire and yes, its very muddy and slippery in places...so be careful guys.:comfort

Brief ride report:

Met up with Todd and Dave, getting away about 9.00am

The first hour or so gave some really slippery and hard trails, mostly due to the previous nights frost.

Met up and Hans at Weyhill at 10.00am, and headed over to the 'plain via Shipton Bellinger.

By 11.00 Hans had a big off on the icey ruts behind Tidworth- knocked sufficient crap out of himself to call it a day while he could still move.

Todd, dave and myself carried on in the glorious sunshine, which was a mixed blessing. The sun on what was hard frosty ground gave a lethal and slippery mix.

While the warmth was welcomed (especially for those of us that had only come out in light weight MX gloves :augie), the rapid thawing of the ground ensured that by mid afternoon the tracks had become a proper sh1tfest-( and thanks to the crap design of the xchallenge front mud gaurd, it would appear i've bought most of it home on my jacket....)

There's a long tank track that runs alongside the ranger perimeter road-see Horse's photo in the the bakery thread- it's where His 1200 is stuck.

Normally this track is just a flat out blast :D, but on this occassion all 3 of us wanted out before we had made it half way. The mud was so thick and gloopy it was a real struggle to control the bike, and laying between the whoops were ice'd up puddles, which helped kill motivation!

But we still managed to cover 120 miles, and it must rate as one of the hardest day's riding i've had in a very long time!

Looks like the 28th wil be a blast:D

Dave, Todd and Hans, thanks for the company!:aidan

Back
Top Bottom